Saturday, January 31, 2015

Six on Saturday (AKA: Five on Friday a Day Late)

Happy Saturday!

I am a day late and a dollar short for Five on Friday.  I had quite a busy day yesterday and didn't sit down until 4PM.  I snuck over to Chad's office to mooch WiFi (we have painters at our house and I feel like I get in the way) but I decided to watch Parenthood on Netflix instead of blogging.  Here is my Five on Friday plus one!  It is all over the place- much like my brain!

Linking up with The Farmer's Wife, Erika, and April!





(1) I finally broke down and bought these shoes.
Via
Let me just tell you...  OMG.  They are THE BOMB DOT COM!  I don't know why I waited so long- actually- yes I do- the price .  Last Saturday we were in Bristol (our home away from home now.  Carson's baseball team is there.  Besides no store in our pansy town sells TOMS.) and I asked Chad if I could run into a store that I knew carried TOMS.  I told him I just wanted to try a pair on for size and comfort level before I started scouring eBay for a deal.  Caylee and I went into the store while the boys stayed in the car.  They had this pair in my size.  I put them on and was shocked at how great they felt.  Normally, I can't wear wedges due to my runner's knee issues but these do not feel like wedges at all.  I sent Chad a text and asked if he would send divorce papers if I bought them and to my surprise, he told me to go ahead and get them.  These babies have been on my feet everyday that I have worn real clothes.  They look great with bootcut jeans and skinny jeans (that size 6 pair that I bought!).  The girl at the store also said they look great with skirts and dresses.  WINNER WINNER!  CHICKEN DINNER!

(2) We made our second trip to the ER this week.

The Macs are just trying to hit their deductible early in the year!  I got a call from school around 8:30 saying Carson fell and hit his head on a brick wall.  Long story short, he suffered a mild concussion and got a free day off from school.  He seems to be back to his normal self now.  Concussions are scary things but I stayed calm.  I kept telling myself this is all part of raising a boy.  We decided to self medicate ourselves on Starbucks Cake Pops while waiting in the car rider line to pick up sister.

Please ignore the fact that my hair was "air dried" and I had zero makeup on.  I had just gotten out of the shower when they called me from school.  I rushed down there looking like this and stayed this way the rest of the day.  UGH.


(3)  While I have no plans to see the Fifty Shades of Grey movie, I do have plans to test out these lovelies!
I haven't bought new nail polish in a long time.  When I saw this new line from OPI, I had a hard time decided which colors to try.  I didn't want to pay the $21.95 at Ulta for this sample, so I headed to Amazon to see if I could get it cheaper.  I got this set for $16.75- probably not the best deal but I will take it.  I still can't decide what to try first! I am excited about this!!!  {how sad is it that I get excitement from nail polish?}

(4) My TimeHop has made me sad.


I keep seeing pictures of snow and we have had nothing here.  I want one or two good snows then I want Spring.  I have a feeling we'll be shoveling snow off the baselines just like the guy did in Boston when he shoveled snow off the Boston Marathon finish line.

(5) Have you guys ever seen one of these?  

LIFE CHANGING.   I debated on saving this for my favorite things but I can't keep it a secret.  It is a USB charger and a regular charger.  When we tiled our backsplash in the kitchen last summer, we needed to get new outlets and we saw this at "Home Dee Depot" {That's how Carson said Home Depot when he was a baby.  We spent a lot of time there} and decided we would try it out.  It charges anything that has a USB cord.  I like it so much I went back and got a second one for my bathroom.  You may ask why the bathroom?  I listen to my iPhone or iPad in there while i am getting ready, I charge my Garmin in there, and I charge my FitBit in there.  All of the devices require a USB so it only made sense that I add a second outlet like that.  I LOVE IT.  I have plenty of regular plugs in my bathroom (my number one piece of advice when building a house- put in more plugs than you think you will need).

(6)  Are you a "get ready everyday" person or a "I wear yoga pants unless I am actually doing something" person?  
I struggle with this.  Since I am not working, I have fallen into the yoga pants and no makeup trap (see #2).  I don't have a lot of clothes but I am in the process of slowly updating my wardrobe as money allows.  I decided this week that I don't want to have another episode like Monday.  I went to the school, the ER, the pediatrician's office, to Which Which, and to Starbucks dressed like I should be going to Wal Mart.  On the flip side of that,  some of the products I use to get ready for the day are more expensive products and I hate to "waste" them on days that I don't have a reason to get ready.  A friend of mine at WW this week says she "gets ready" everyday because she feels better and gets more accomplished.  This is definitely something to ponder.


Happy Weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Your natural hair is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could hug you Amanda! I feel like I have the worst hair ever! Thank you for lifting my spirits! You have inspired me to do less!

      Delete
  2. Totally been on the fence about those TOMS myself. I have really been considering getting a pair of the regular TOMS and these, but I'll probably space them out some. Not that I'll ever wear them since I'm fully on the "yoga pants all day every day" team.

    And I LOVE that USB idea! Can you just install them on regular outlets or does the whole outlet have to be replaced? We're getting an electrician in here soon to hang some lights in the kitchen, so I can have it done then if it requires a professional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get the TOMS! You will not regret it. I want a brown pair now. Oh, and welcome to TEAM YOGA PANTS! ;)

      Delete
  3. I just posted my 5 on "Friday"...oops, Day late and a dollar short here, too! Can I just say that I LOVE those boots!! So cute!! I have a gift card for Ulta just burning to be spent...that 50 Shades collection is fabulous! Your whole post makes me want to go shopping :)

    So glad your son is okay... Those calls from school are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb! Go to Ulta and get the 50 shades polishes! I have the red on my toes right now and it is a beautiful red. I have one of the grays on my fingers. I like it but it is very similar to Essie's Chinchilly. Thanks for your well wishes on my Carson. He is alive and kicking and back to his crazy little normal! He's all boy!

      Delete