Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Five!

Happy Friday!!!!!!!

I'm linking up with some great blogs today for my Friday five!


O-N-E
I am still hung up on this whole not washing my hair daily.  I didn't wash it this morning and it looks like a pancake.  Granted, it doesn't LOOK oily and I did use dry shampoo on it.  My bangs still look stringy so I just pinned them in a bobby pin and called it a day.  I am currently researching volumizing powders.  I don't want to spend a small fortune.  I am leaning toward this one.  It got decent reviews on amazon plus it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  Has anyone used this and are willing to send me a review?  Is there another powder out there that is better?

Via
T-W-O
I have talked about my FitBit on my blog before.  I have a love/hate relationship with it.  I love the concept of it but I hate that I am having to buy my THIRD band.  They break easily.  I know that FitBit has partnered with Tori Burch but hello- not all of us can afford Tori Burch.  I mean, $195 for a bracelet?  You've got to be kidding me???!!

T-H-R-E-E
Aldi opened up in my town yesterday.  I stopped by to see what this grocery store was about.  It was so unbelievably crowded I ended up leaving.  I will go back once the newness wears off.  What do you buy at Aldi?  I came across this blog post and thought it was helpful.  What I am rallying for is for our town to get a Trader Joe's and a Costco.

F-O-U-R
I finished painting Carson's closet earlier this week.  I am not a great painter as evidenced below:
The closet is navy blue- very dark but he does have a window in there.  I had a tarp down but it obviously didn't cover the whole carpet.  I lost my grip on the paint bucket and paint went all over the baseboard and on the carpet.  I said one curse word and then reminded myself not to come unglued.  It is just paint.  The carpet upstairs is AWFUL anyway.  We knew we were going to replace it but the replacement date has been pushed up a little bit.  The world wouldn't end if we left it like this for a while because it is in the closet and luckily in a spot that will probably be covered up anyway.

F-I-V-E
The Mac kiddos are out of school Monday.  I am trying to come up with something fun to do sometime this weekend but I am drawing a blank.  The flu is still running rampant in our area so I don't want to take them somewhere to be exposed to the flu.  I would love to drive to the Smokey Mountains and wander around Gatlinburg.  Daddy Mac has to work so it will be just the kids and me.

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I like the Osis powder best, but I've also used the BedHead one, too, and it's pretty good. You can get the Osis one cheaper on eBay or Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aldi's is awesome! They have great prices on produce and have started offering tons more of organic and gluten-free foods.

    ReplyDelete