Sunday, January 4, 2015

2014: Year in Review

Since I didn't blog as regularly as I hoped, I am going to attempt to recap the entire year in one post.   Grab yourself a latte (or a glass of wine!) and read on.

January:
We kicked off 2014 with Carson running the Wake Up and Run 5K and bringing home hardware.




Chad and I went on a date.  This is a seldom event for us; therefore, it must be documented.

We had our first snow of the year.  This is what a 30% chance of snow looks like.  The kids got out of school early!






We went bowling.  Love Caylee's bowling stance.

February:
We said goodbye to Gun'rrr, our yellow lab.  He was such a great dog but was old and had severe arthritis.

We went tubing in North Carolina- probably one of the highlights of the year. We are definitely doing this again.



March:
We showered Beth.


I spent a lot of time at the car wash washing baseball pants.

I sprained my ankle a week before our Disney trip.

We went to Disney for Spring Break!  Caylee LOVED the roller coasters; Carson- not so much- though he did love test track.





April
We remodeled our bedroom.  

We are kidless another night so we went to Barbs.

May
We finished first and third grades.



Chad ran a 100 mile trail race in 29 hours.  


We went to PTC for Beth's wedding the same day of Chad's birthday.

We went to Myrtle Beach.

Caylee danced in dress rehearsal.  She didn't do recital because of being in Beth's wedding.

Caylee got a manicure compliments of Madison, our sweet babysitter.



June
We went to DC with Chad while he worked.


Carson and I spent a week in Knoxville at UT baseball camp (and consumed Weigels icees daily!)


 We went to Dollywood and closed the park down!
 We celebrated Carson's 9th birthday!
Baseball season ended.  Notice I didn't put any pictures up of baseball.  We are still a little scarred by that whole incident and it is best for us if we put that behind us.  We will always cherish those times with his former team but that was a chapter written in our lives that is over and we are writing a new one.  ;)

Caylee played tee ball.


July

Caylee turned 7.  She received her first American Girl doll and has been obsessed ever since.
 We made our first visit to the American Girl store in Atlanta.



We partied it up in PTC for the 4th of July.
We jumped off Nonni and PawPaw's rock wall.  Over. And. Over. And. Over. Again.


 We ate at the Varsity for the first time.  #yummy
 We went to our first MLB game.  Another highlight of the year!

We went to VA Beach with Chad for a conference.  We actually got to participate in the conference!!!!

*We were on the road a lot this summer.  I think I left a suitcase packed pretty much the whole summer.  And I loved every minute of it.

We were kidless for three whole nights!  #datenighteverynight
We visited Splash Country for the first time.  We liked it so much we got season passes for Christmas!  Can't wait to go this summer. I only got one pic and I can't seem to find it right now.  Oh well.  Picture two cute kids in swimsuits with big smiles on their faces.  K?

We adopted Elmer! AKA: Chewlotta.
August:
We went back to school.  Homework was kicked up twenty notches this year.  Geez Louise!



We bought a Wrangler and took many rides "topless".

 Carson mastered the art of selfies.
Carson started his job as Water Boy for DB football on Friday nights.  Yet another highlight of the year!
 And the postgame pics with Sam commenced.

The kids went tubing at the lake for the first time.

September
Julia and I cheered on the Vols!

Caylee auditioned for the Nutcracker.

Caylee got her Madison squeezes again.



Carson played a little flag football.  He was QB1.  #heymattseracen  



October
I had a birthday and I groped Luke Bryan and Cole Swindle more than once and didn't get arrested for it.  We'll just leave it at that.  ;)




November
We woke up to snow on November 1st. 
 Chad put this crazy sticker on the back of the Wrangler after he ran the race.

We spent many Saturdays rehearsing for Nutcracker.

The men got their crossfit on.

I did an entire post on December so I am not going to include it here.  Good grief.  We were busy this year.  I asked each family member what their favorite memory was.  Here are the answers:

Chad: Our Disney trip (Ok, who are you and what did you do with my husband?) and finally beating the Falcons (baseball tournament)
Tina:  Seeing Luke Bryan in concert and touching him multiple times ;)
Carson: His first home run as an Indian (break my heart why don't you?)
Caylee: When she got Isabelle

Here's to making many more memories in 2015!

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are adorable. I love your daughter's hair...it reminds me of mine as a little girl! And the baseball pants at the car wash...brilliant! I'll have to remember that in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olivia! Thanks for stopping by! I am open to any and all suggestions on the curly hair. It is at times a bear to comb through. And washing the pants- I've got tons of other ideas too! Maybe I'll do a blog post during the season. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete