Friday, January 9, 2015

Five Friday Favorites!

I'm linking up with Andrea and April for some Friday fun!


O-N-E
There are many things I can do.  I can tap dance.  I can drive a manual transmission car.  I can teach a child to read.  I can give birth to children (HA!).  I can sort of cook.  But there is one thing that is driving me cray-cray that I am not successful at......

Go one day without washing my hair.

O to the M to the G.  Why is this so freaking hard for me????  I colored my hair back in November and I am trying to stretch that color out as long as I can and I know not washing it daily will help but good golly miss molly.  

One of my goals for the year (that I never blogged about- I did  my word of the year) is to look more presentable on a daily basis.  If I am leaving the house, I need to wear something other than yoga pants and a baseball hat.  I got in a rut last semester.  I am going to make it a goal to get dressed more frequently if I am doing something that might involve seeing people I know in public.  That being said, I decided yesterday that I would get dressed and do makeup but try the whole second day hair thing again.  I ended up with a sock bun and stringy bangs.  I thought I looked awful.  I asked Chad if he noticed a difference and he said that while my hair didn't look dirty or bad, he could tell something different about my bangs.  I have used dry shampoo and baby powder.  My favorite dry shampoo is the Redken PillowProof  My next step is maybe washing just my bangs on day 2???  My hair just does better when it is clean.  




T-W-O
As I am typing this, I am listening to my new Roomba work his magic.  In the past, Chad and I rarely buy "big gifts" at Christmas but when he started getting an end of the year bonus, we have always purchased something for each other and something for the house.  This year, I got him a coat with one of the logos from one of the races he ran and he FINALLY got me a pair of Uggs.  :o) :o) :o)  We also bought a Roomba for the house.  Our entire house is hardwood floors, tile in the bathroom, and carpet in the kids' rooms and my closet.  With Tank inside most of the time now, the amount of dog hair and dust bunnies is out of control.  If I were June Clever, I would vacuum daily (and wear a skirt and an apron) but I am not so this is the result.  I like it thus far but it has taken a couple of days for it to learn our house.  It is missing some areas of the house but I think over time, it will figure it out.  The Uggs and the Roomba tie for my favorite Christmas gift. 


T-H-R-E-E
Report cards were emailed yesterday.  Drum roll, please........

Straight As for this kid!!!!!
My favorite boy earned his As but I feel like Chad and I deserve a pat on the back too!  The amount of homework this year is ridiculous.  Last night, we saw a commercial from the NFL that basically urged kids to get out and play for an hour a day.  I told Chad that by the time we get homework and supper finished, my poor kids don't have time to play- either because it is bedtime or dark outside.  I do give them about twenty minutes of downtime when they get home (the days we come straight home).  Carson usually goes to the basement or goes outside.  Caylee plays with Isabelle.  My point to all this is that we (society as a whole) aren't letting kids be kids.  There is so much pressure put on them these days.

Also in report card news.....

My favorite girl got all 4s!!!!!  Letter grades aren't given in the primary grades.  They are graded on a rubric, which I don't like.  I think it is very subjective.  What one teacher may consider a 3, another may consider a 4, and vice versa.  Caylee has Carson's teacher from second grade (and I absolutely ADORE her).  She told me during Carson's conference two years ago that if she gives a 4, that means it is far above and beyond expectations and she doesn't give them very often.  Not to toot my own kids horn, but she gave Carson a 4 in math and gave Caylee a 4 in both Literacy for both grading periods, and a 4 in Math this grading period!!!  WOOP WOOP!

F-O-U-R
I went back on Weight Watchers in the fall and met my goal right right before the holidays (hey, I need to blog about that too!).  During the holidays, I did gain 3 pounds but I know what I need to do to lose it.  My favorite thing about weight watchers is the tracking on my phone.  It like it so much better than My Fitness Pal (sorry MFP fans).

F-I-V-E
I best jump off of here because I am going to the next town over to meet my favorite fellow baseball mama for lunch!  We haven't seen each other since the fall and I am EXCITED!!!! 

Happy Friday, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. Way to go C&C!!! That's awesome!! Caroline got all 4s, too. I dread the day EK starts getting report cards. God only knows what they'll say on them!

    ReplyDelete