Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Five!

Where did this week go?  I have heard the saying that the days are long but the years are short when raising kids.  I believe that is true but man, my days have been super short lately!

Chad has been traveling some the last couple of weeks so I feel like I have to "up my game".  By the end of the day, I am exhausted but don't sleep well when Chad is gone.  I look forward to his homecoming just so I can get a good night's sleep!

I'm linking up with my favorite bloggers for Friday Fun!



via
O-N-E

Something always happens when Chad is away on business.  Flat tires, snowstorms that cause the electricity to go out overnight, washing machines quit working,  garage door various issues with the dogs.  This week, I can add a trip to the ER to that list.

Extremely long story but basically Caylee needed to "go" and couldn't.  This is something we have battled since she started solid foods. What made this time worse was that she was doubled over in pain and cried for two solid hours at school.  They called me in.  My mama gut feeling said she needed to be seen quickly.  I called our pediatrician and they said they would do an x ray and KUB (whatever that is).  The ER did the same thing so I am glad I took her.


I said I would never be "that Mom" that let her kids have an iPad but it saved us while we were waiting on test results.  They watched a movie on Netflix!


T-W-O
Next Friday, I am going to a class on Essential Oils.  It is a doTERRA class.  I am interested in using oils, particularly with Caylee's issue but am in sticker shock at the prices.  If you do Eos, I would love your feedback!

T-H-R-E-E
We are in full swing with baseball.  This week at practice, the coach told his assistant coach that "this kid's got an arm".  He was talking about Carson.  We have been getting private lessons with the organization's director and they are paying off.  Carson will still mention something about getting cut or his former team.  I hate it for him but he needs to move on.  I feel so helpless because I don't know how to help him do that.

F-O-U-R
I ordered this tote for Carson. If you are interested in this product, I can hook you up!
He needed a new lunchbox and he is thrilled with it.  He designed it himself once we found out this week that he will wear #15 for his new baseball team.  Since he has played competitive baseball, he has always worn Sam's number.  There is no other number at our house!

Here is a closeup of Carson's design.  I will probably take the lunch tote to the forty or so games we will play this season!

F-I-V-E
I have a new love affair....

I love Quest Bars but since I'm doing WW, they are a little high on points so I haven't been eating them.  I was at the mall yesterday and peeked inside GNC to see if they had these and they did!  They have been on the market for a long time but it takes our poor little town to jump on the bandwagon for some things.  This whole bag is 3 WW Points Plus.  It was my car rider line snack yesterday.  The bags are expensive so it will be an indulgence every once in a while!

Cheers to the weekend!  Not sure what our plans are!  Talk to you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Let me know how the doTERRA class goes. I've been talking to a girl at the gym about it.

    Oh, and as far at the Quest chips go, just get the BBQ. The rest are gross. Sour Cream and Onion aren't too awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely let you know about the class. I am a little nervous of the cost. I really want to do them but it is expensive. I can't get Chad convinced either. He said it sounds like a money gimmick and a quack. I agree on the chips. I got all three flavors and only like the BBQ. I don't know how frequently I will get them because of the price. WW makes chips too that are a little less expensive and taste just fine. It is expensive to be healthy!!!!

      Delete
  2. I love my Around the Clock Thermal. I got it the other day and it's been perfect for my toddlers' things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is my new favorite product! My son is nine and I was worried about what the other kids would think about him bringing a Thirty One tote to school but I think everyone thought it was cool! I got mine this week as well and can't wait to start using it!

      Delete