Monday, January 12, 2015

Weekend Recap and a Room Remodel

I want to hang on to these low key weekends because I know once that bat starts hitting that ball our weekends will turn into crazy.

My weekend started with lunch with a fellow baseball mama.  Our lunch was good for my soul!  The food was great but the company even better.  I appreciate her positive outlook, her spirit, and her encouragement to me.  She is just one of those people that make you a better person just by being around her.  Besides, I am totally already planning on Caylee going to the prom with her youngest son.

After lunch, I leisurely strolled the mall in the other town.  It is so much better than ours.  I did find some deals at Gap.  While I was there, Chad called and suggested we go out to dinner since the kids were at the grandparents.  Two meals out in one day: SURE!  We ate then came home and chilled.

Saturday morning, I decided it was time to finish up Carson's room remodel that we started almost a year ago to the day.  We never painted Carson's closet.  It was still the butter yellow from his nursery. Chad and I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet and get it done.  I pulled everything out of the closet and Carson and I made a pile of clothes to donate while Chad took down the shelves.  Saturday afternoon, the boys went to Crossfit and the girls folded laundry and played Barbies.  Carson got his first Crossfit injury.  He banged his shin up pretty good on the box jumps.    We ended our night on Saturday at Barbs, just like always!

The contents of Carson's closet is out on the catwalk. 


Since Carson and I were in a purging mood, I decided to tackle his room.  We did a good cleaning of it and purged some things.  While I am not done getting rid of things in there, we did make a good dent in it!

I am loving the way his room turned out.  It is no secret that we are big Peyton Manning fans here at Casa Mac.  When Carson wanted a room remodel last year, he either wanted a maroon and gray room (for his Indians) or blue and orange for the Broncos (ahem, Peyton).  While I wasn't opposed to him having a maroon and gray room, I wanted more neutral/generic colors on the wall while still allowing him to show his Indian Pride.  This is our favorite part of the room.  The subway art and DB helmet were gifts from Sam.  Sweet story- after Sam's sophomore year, he went to Coach Clark and asked if he could have his helmet.  Typically, they don't get to keep their helmets until they are seniors but he came up with an agreement with the coach and gave it to Carson.  You can't tell in the picture, but there are small spears and arrowheads on the helmet- those signify Sam's good plays.  He adds the stickers every year to Carson's helmet.  Sam has a heart of gold and is a great role model for Carson.  Every time I see this setup, my heart smiles and I am reminded of Sam and his sweet family and the memories made with them.  The DB football was a gift from the freshman football coaches and was given to Carson the first year he was a water boy for the freshman team.  He has also been gifted jerseys, which are hanging in his closet.  I am thinking of framing them.


The next pics are of Carson's new and improved room.
This is standing in the doorway.

We added the desk that was in our office and my mom gave us the shelf for his trophies.

This little cork board is full of precious memories!  

The door goes to Carson's walk in closet that is currently getting painted.  The gray thing sticking out is tarp! 

When Carson saw a picture of the Broncos fatheads online, he knew he wanted to add them to the room.  They come off easily (I've already moved one).  


I brought up the bookcase from the office too.  His books needed some major organization.  If you look closely, you will notice that I took two of Carson's shirts and made them into artwork!  I am LOVING Carson's new space!

Sunday, we went to church and went to lunch with my parents.  We came home and watched football all afternoon.  We hated to see Peyton lose.  I started painting the closet.  We ended the night with Papa John's pizza and an early bedtime!

I just realized that we ate out a lot this weekend!  Some weekends are just like that for whatever reason!  I do like eating at home but like dining out as well!

Happy Monday!




2 comments:

  1. Dining out is always fun, and I think gives a much-needed break. Love the room makeover. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Leslie! I am no interior designer but I think this is a space that my son really likes. Our budget was slim so it was nice to be able to shop our house! And yes, dining out is always fun! No kitchen to clean up!!! ;)

      Delete