Friday, February 27, 2015

Aloha, Friday!

I think I am delirious.  Being stuck in the house because of the snow has gotten the best of me!  Caylee stepped outside one morning and announced, "I wish we were in Hawaii right now."  (that's my girl!) Granted, we got out on Wednesday and Thursday but there is something about the fact that we were out of our routine that had us coo-coo-for-coco-puffs!  Granted, I do love spending the time with the kids but I like for them to spend time with their teachers at school too! ;)

I hope the snow is over!  I wanted one good snow then I want spring.  We got slammed with three good snows in the last week and a half.

Here's what swirling around my head right now:

O-N-E
Thank you for your comments of support on my Wednesday post.  I am excited but a little nervous about lifetime.  Excited in the fact that I reached my goal but nervous about being able to keep it off.  I have come to the fact that I will have to watch what I eat for the rest of my life.  I am enjoying the fact that I can increase my number of daily points.

T-W-O
I am starting season five of Parenthood.  I am DYING to know when they will put season 6 on Netflix.  I am already thinking about what to watch next.  Our sitter says Grey's and I would like to watch that but I am also thinking of Scandal.  I know once baseball starts, my TV watching will be nonexistent.  ;)
via


T-H-R-E-E
I LOVE this post from Shay earlier this week.  I want to try the Rose Salve.  I am a sucker for lip gloss.  When I read that she uses it on her cuticles, I immediately decided I needed some.  It is a great price too.

F-O-U-R
I can't wait to get my hands on this purse.   Yes, I sell purses but I do love me some Vera too.  I go through stages with Vera.  I will carry her for a while, then I will decide to carry something else.  Maybe it was being stuck at home all week and need some spring- but I bid on this and won it.  Very Berry Paisley is my favorite pattern.  I needed a new cross body- I am very picky about my purses. 


F-I-V-E
Chad and I are going car shopping this weekend.  To make an EXTREMELY long story short, our Jeep Grand Cherokee is a lemon- not by law- but it basically is.  Since we purchased the vehicle (eighteen months ago), it has had 8 recalls on it, we have replaced the radiator, and there is currently another leak coming from who knows where.  The icing on the cake is that the 4WD and cruise control doesn't work either.  We have had all of these issues since the first of the year and we are at our wits end.  Jeep is telling me that they are having to MAKE THE PART to fix my 4WD and cruise control and they have no clue when it will be shipped to the dealer.  The part was requested on February 12th.  I have driven my car six of the last 28 days; it has been sitting at the dealership the rest of the days.  I am not driving my jeep right now because the 4WD doesn't work and we still have ice and snow.  We have filed a formal complaint with jeep but have gotten nowhere.  I love, or thought I loved, my jeep.  I like the amenities on it but it is nothing if I can't drive it.  The thoughts of a car payment stretched out longer because of trading doesn't sit well with me but the thought of continuing to drive a piece of crap that may or may not continue to have problems makes me sick to my stomach too.

What I would love to have is a minivan but Chad wouldn't be caught dead in it.  I loved my Tahoe and wouldn't mind having another one.  Chad likes the Hyundai Santa Fe and the Ford Explorer.  I don't know what we will end up doing.  I hate car shopping!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Linking up with awesome ladies!





2 comments:

  1. Love me some Vera, too! I've had two Tahoe's and traded my last one about three years ago for a Honda Accord. I plan to keep the car another 2-3 years but boy do I love the new Tahoe design. Maybe I can find a good used one by the time I get another one. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE car shopping!!!! Jason has went to buy my last two cars without me:) I test drove them in Knoxville and he went to Atlanta and Arkansas to buy them. We loved our Yukon, but we have the Lexus GX460 SUV and LOVE it! It is a little smaller than the Yukon, but still has a lot of room and great features!

    ReplyDelete