Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Weight Watchers Wednesday

It's time for WWW!!!

I wish I could report that I had another week of weight loss; actually I don't wish that because I would have gone too far under my goal and would have had to start again.  I am not happy to report that I gained....

1.5 pounds....

WOMP WOMP.....

What makes me so mad at myself is that I know what does it every time- the days I don't track; the days I am not accountable for what I eat.  Granted, I don't eat terrible things but there were days I didn't track everything in my mouth.  I still stayed on plan on what to eat (for the most part) but this is further justification that tracking is one major key to success.   I know a  pound and a half is not much but I really want to see the two pounds below of my goal weight again.  I was there before and I want to see that number again.  

Since I substituted last week, I spent a large portion of the day sitting.  Our building is pretty small and I would get up to deliver a message instead of calling the classroom and I would make it a point to get up about every thirty minutes.  I also packed my lunch one of the days and made sure I carried snacks and fruit in my awesome new Thirty One lunch tote. 

In our  meeting this week, we talked about how to stay on plan when eating out.  For me, this was right up my alley.  We are in the stage of life where we simply eat out at least two nights per week.  This week, a few key points hit home with me (one of which I already do and I offered this tip to the group):
  •  Know what you are ordering before you get there.  We have our routine places we eat at and I basically know what I can order at those establishments.  If we go someone different and it is a chain restaurant, I look on my WW app to see what is appropriate.  If it isn't a chain, I search for similar foods and try to do the best I can.  We don't eat at non chain restaurants often so it really isn't an issue for me.
  • Ask for a box when the meal is brought to your table.  Before you begin to eat, go ahead and divide up half of the meal and put it in the box.  Just don't leave the box sitting on the table!  That way, there is no way to overindulge!
  • Plan for dining out.   There is one of my favorite words again- PLAN.  If you know you are eating out for dinner and you know that your meal will be 10 PP Values, you may want to opt for a lower point lunch and load up on 0 PPV fruits and veggies beforehand.  I don't know what Weight Watchers thinks about "banking" points but I think if you know ahead of time what you will be eating, you can plan on eating your activity points, your bonus points, or simply adjusting your points target per meal.
  • Step outside of the box.  I really like this one- suggested by the only male in our group, John.  He said if you go to a restaurant and you always order a pasta dish, try a different, healthier  option.  Since most restaurants have  a light menu now or note the calories in the dish, it is easier to make decisions on what to eat.  
For us, our go to restaurants are Barbaritos, Chick Fila, Panera Bread, and Which Wich.  Granted, some of those are higher point places but I have been able to eat out and still lose weight.  I think one key is to not be afraid to go out- it can be done.  I love going out to dinner, even if it is CFA!  Besides, if you fall off track, the next meal is always a new meal and is a time to regroup!

Next week is MY WEEK.  If I maintain this week, I will become a Lifetime Member!!!!!!!  I sent in my application to work for Weight Watchers yesterday.  Fingers crossed that God will open a door!


Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about the food tracking. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes! You think you're doing all the right things, but those few extra bites add up fast.

    Crossing all my fingers and toes for you this week! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete