Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Random Catch Up

Greetings!  You are warned- This post is all over the place.  I thought I would do an update on the comings and goings of our life.  Last week was pretty crazy and this week has already shaped up to be the same!

Last week, I had the pleasure of going back to work.  I subbed at my old job.  I filled in for the receptionist at the preschool where my office was housed.  I have forgotten what it is like to being a working mom.  It was a busy time with kid activities, school, and working all day.  My mama duties took a backseat and I am paying for it this week.  What I love about preschool is the innocence of young children.  One day while I was there, it was PINK day.  All the students wore pink and made pink cookies.  Even though it wasn't in my eating plan for the day, I couldn't not eat the cupcake and break the four year olds'  hearts!



Over the weekend, I took Caylee to a modeling "audition".  I use the word audition loosely because it was basically a sign up and picture taking event.  CASA is hosting an American Girl Fashion Show and they were looking for models.  Caylee was all about it.  She will wear typical AG clothes that match a doll.  We don't know details yet but I think it will be good for her- something different than dance.

Saturday afternoon, we hit the batting cages.  The weather was beautiful so it was only fitting that we hit the cages.  I have a feeling that since we have had NO SNOW, we will be shoveling snow off the baselines in April.

Please notice Carson's shoes- I mean- how could you not?  I give the boys one assignment on Saturday morning and that was to go buy new tennis shoes and baseball cleats.  That's what they came home with.  Oh, and the baseball cleats are red and black to match his team colors!  ;)

Also Saturday afternoon, we discovered we have a new painter in the house- ELMER.

As I was headed out the door to a funeral (the person I was filling in for- her sister passed away), I heard Chad yell Carson's name at the top of his lungs from the basement.  I knew something was wrong but I kept getting ready.  As I was walking out the door, Caylee informed me that Elmer had knocked over a paint can with approximately 2 cups of paint all over the basement.  What had Chad in a tizzy was that it was right next to his company vehicle.  Luckily, no paint splattered on the vehicle.  Where was Carson in all this?  He's the one that let Elmer in the basement unsupervised.  You can't leave a two year old lab puppy unsupervised.  Elmer has white spots (very small) on his back, his nails are now white, and he has white paint on his chin.  He is still cute as a button and wild as a buck.


Monday morning, I discovered what looked to be like nits in Caylee's hair.  I know this is completely gross but this is the third time she has had lice this school year.  WE ARE CLEAN PEOPLE.  HOW IS IT THAT SHE KEEPS GETTING THEM?  It is so embarrassing and I debated on not even mentioning it but if this blog is about my life, this is my life right now.  I have officially declared myself insane over this.  I text Chad yesterday and told him that I wanted to get really drunk so that I can forget about the darn things.  I was halfway kidding.  ;)

I freaked out the first two times and I freaked out this time.  Luckily, our wonderful school nurse said she thinks we caught them early.  I had a prescription shampoo left over from last time so I treated Caylee yesterday.  I am still covered in Mount Saint Laundry because I have had to wash almost everything in this house.  There is no telling when my laundry will be caught up.  I treated myself last time as a precaution but never got it.  I am thinking I may end up treating myself this time just to be on the safe side but I am concerned about it ruining my hair color.  The school nurse checked me this morning and told me not to treat myself unless I am symptomatic.

Caylee is back in school today nit free but I do have to retreat her on Friday just to make sure they are gone.  If your child has never had nits/lice, count your blessings and pray they don't get it.  It is a nuisance!

Hope your week is better than mine!  Come back tomorrow for my Weight Watchers Wednesday post.  It is going to be a good one!


2 comments:

  1. I have nothing to offer but hugs, my friend. Lice. Again. I can't believe it!!! Bless your hearts. I won't be surprised if all y'all end up with shaved heads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Caylee weren't in recital and the american girl fashion show, I would cut it off! It has been a week!

      Delete