Friday, February 20, 2015

Friday High Fives!

It doesn't seem like a Friday- heck, this whole week has felt like a  Friday with the kids out of school.  They went back today on a two hour delay.  I almost drove by city hall to see if there was a march on the steps.  There were some peeved parents voicing their displeasures over on Facebook.  Some of them made sense, others, well- not so much.  The reason everyone was mad was that we have 7 inches of snow plus ice and the temps were frigid.  In the past, they have closed school for cold temps and no snow; however, they opened school today with snow and below zero temps.  As for us, we were indifferent about going or staying home.

Let's get the weekend kicked off with some Friday Five!





O-N-E
This was the ACTUAL temperature when I got up this morning- not the "feels like" temperature.  Now you can see why parents were upset.  We were the ONLY system in East Tennessee in school today.  Our system's motto is "Journey to World Class".  Our journey to a world class education started with getting out of the icy driveway this morning!

T-W-O
I have started this thing of wanting coffee in the afternoons.  On occasion, I will stop at Starbucks before or after kid pick up and grab a cup of Pike's Place Roast but I recently discovered this:

So yummy!  It is also decaf so I can sleep at night.  I am drinking a cup right now!

T-H-R-E-E
I have heard several people talk about how much they love Snackeez.  Chad and I thought they were a joke but then I realized that they would be great for traveling.  I snagged two at Target today to put in the kids' Easter baskets.  Heck, I sort of hope the Easter bunny leaves me one!
F-O-U-R
I went to the gym today for the first time in a while {cough, cough}.  I am super nervous about my weigh in next week because I feel like I have been a big couch potato this week.  I have tried to limit foods that I know will hurt my chances at lifetime but it has been hard.  I only did cardio this morning because I don't want to lift until I reach lifetime.  It sounds completely ridiculous but I don't want the muscle to cause the least amount of weight gain.  Any who, I did weigh in on their scales.  I am actually a pound UNDER what I should be.  I hope by Tuesday everything will even out and I will be within my four pound window (two under, two over my goal weight).  Maintenance has been HARD, especially with 7 inches of snow!

F-I-V-E
I put on makeup and did my hair for the first time since Sunday!  We have been stuck at home in our pajamas or fleece pants. I figure there is no use in wasting makeup and hair products if we aren't leaving the house!  I

I'll close with some pics I snapped this week:
Elmer has been coming into the house since it is bitter cold.  It has taken all week to train him to be calm.  Basically he is ok as long as we are sitting down and doing nothing.  Otherwise, he wanders.  I just love this picture of him.  He matches our furniture!

Caylee working on her model pose.  

This was taken yesterday.  We were stir crazy by Thursday!



Happy Weekend!  We are expecting more bad weather this weekend.  Yee-Haw!  #not

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I am with you on the afternoon coffee. I have been drinking it to stay warm! I don't have any decaf for my Keurig, though, so I'm extra thankful for no alarms in the morning this week!

    We love our Snackeez! Don't use them constantly, but we use it enough to need another one. As of now, only Caroline has one, so I think the Easter Bunny is going to bring EK one of the Frozen ones I found at Kohl's. They're great when she's with me in the pick up line and for road trips!

    And, as you may have noticed, I didn't do a Friday Five. What's do say but, "Didn't do squat this week. Send bread and milk."

    ReplyDelete