Friday, January 31, 2014

Five on Friday!

T.G.I.F!

We've had another week of altered schedules due to snow.  I am ready for a normal routine so I can get back into my groove!



My five on friday is all over the place!  Be prepared!

O.N.E
As I type this, we are watching Despicable Me 2.  We saw it in the theater and loved it.  Caylee had been wanting to buy it so Chad bought it tonight.  It is a cute movie and even funnier the second time around!   BEE-DOH!  BEE-DOH! BEE-DOH!  {I really want that sound byte as my text message alert but it would drive everyone bonkers.  I love it!}


T-W-O
I need some advice on hair.  I am a wash your hair everyday kinda girl because I do get oily.  Besides, I can't stand the way my hair feels if I don't wash it daily.  I talked to my hairdresser about what I could do to stop washing it daily and she suggested that we glaze my hair.  It is supposed to cover my gray and dry up the oil.  We did it this week and I wore second day hair today back in a ponytail but still feel nasty and dirty.  I have tried dry shampoo but don't feel like it did anything.  What dry shampoo is the best for color treated hair that also smells good?  What hairstyles are good for second day hair? I have looked on Pinterest and will look again.  I typically don't wear my hair up unless I am running or just hanging out at home because I don't like it up-mostly because I am not good at fixing it. Also,  what products are "must haves" for good hair?  Help me!!

T-H-R-E-E
I am HOOKED on Friday Night Lights on Netflix.  Amy, a DJ on the Bobby Bones Show, was talking about it on the air so I started watching.  I am almost through season 1.  What are you watching on Netflix?  


F-O-U-R
I was employed for the day.  Actually, I spent the day with Chad working on setting up his new office space in our town.  Long story but they moved into a smaller office space and I helped him clean and organize it today.  It isn't completely finished but looks much better.  Afterward, I rode with him to the Virginia office and took a cake to one of his coworkers for his birthday.  Today was a good day- something completely different that what I normally do during the week.  It was nice to spend time with Chad without the kids even if he was working.  

F-I-V-E
I am almost ready to throw my FitBit in the TRASH.  I have the Flex and I cannot keep it charged.  It was supposed to be this great gadget to help me see how I sleep, how many calories I burn in a day, and help me track my food and water intake.  When I first got it, I charged it once per week and now I can't even keep it charged for a couple of hours.  I've contacted customer service and done everything they asked me to.  If it doesn't fix itself {they said it needed a software update}, I think I am going to send them a nasty letter and ask for my money back.  This was my mother's day present and in theory, it is a great product.  We shall see.....


Told you this post was all over the place!  I'll close with GO BRONCOS!!!!!  GO PEYTON!  


7 comments:

  1. I get my hair glazed too - I did not know it did all that! Great to know! I thought it was to help keep color from getting from getting brassy. Love learning new things. My daughter loves that movie too. YAY for time with the hubby without kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the glaze keeps the color from getting brassy too. I think covering up the oil and gray is just an extra perk! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've recently been trying to go three days inbetween washes... Its hard. I feel like a buildup on my hair after like the second day. I try really hard to not put my hair up on the first day, it seems to make it stay less dirty longer.

    Also I used baby powder on my hair to suck up some of the oil for a long time but the smell would get to me, I've since switched to cornstarch... works for me!

    Tatteredtotaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use baby oil but haven't tried cornstarch- interesting! I may give it a try!

      Delete
  3. I use baby powder, and I swear by WEN cleansing conditioner. This is the first time in my life that I don't feel it necessary to wash my hair everyday, and my hair is in great condition despite all the bleaching I do to it!

    ReplyDelete