Monday, January 27, 2014

#TinaEveryday Week 4

A day behind.... again.  Oh well.

I am in a fog this morning.  I think my husband kindly shared his crud/cold with me.  I am hoping that Zicam will shorten the cold's stay in my head!

Did you catch the Bachelor Wedding last night and/or the Grammy's?  I watched the Bachelor Wedding.  I haven't watched the show since Sean and Catherine's season and I felt like they are the real deal so I wanted to see the wedding.  It was a lovely wedding and I enjoyed seeing Mix and Match Mama and her family.  After the wedding went off, I flipped over to the Grammy's.  Big mistake.  What is wrong with music these days?  I understand why I migrate to Luke Bryan, Lady A, and everything the Big 98 plays.

My week in pictures can be summed up in one word: COLD.  That was also the theme of my five on friday.  I don't mind the cold weather but if it is going to be this cold- I want a good snow- as in 6 or more inches where we can sled!

Day 20:
MLK day= no school for the kids.  I took them bowling and we ran a couple of errands.  Lesson learned this day: bowling is expensive!  It put me out almost thirty bucks for the three of us to bowl two games!  I understand why we don't bowl very often.  I am thankful for a day when there is no school and it is warm enough to get out for a little fun!

Future bowling star or plumber? Typical Caylee.

Running errands during Sonic happy hour= SCORE.  Can't beat a cherry slush, a water (Caylee doesn't drink anything but water and milk), and a large coke zero for $1.44.

Day 21:
We have two dog beds for Tank and Gun'rrr and they both like this one.  I am thankful for our two fur dogs.  I love watching the kids interact with them!  I walked through the house and found this:

Day 22:
Third grade homework.  Fun times.  I am thankful for the fact that some afternoons we can be flexible about when we can get homework done.  Sometimes we have it all done before Dad gets home; other nights, I give the kids time to chill out and we tackle it after dinner. We wouldn't have this flexibility if I worked.
Day 23:
I bought the kids and me new head gear for our upcoming tubing trip (which was cancelled this weekend due to high winds).  Two Macs wanted in the picture.  One did not.  I am thankful Chad gave me the go ahead to get good quality head gear instead of el cheapo toboggans from Wal Mart.

Day 24:
FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY! We were delayed two hours because the temp was 3 degrees.  I needed to warm up so I cranked up some Jimmy Buffett and pretended to be at the beach.  Thankful for Jimmy Buffett!  :)

Day 24:
This was the day we were supposed to go tubing.  Instead, we got a little snow so we stayed in until supper time.  We typically go to Barberitos  on Saturday night but they were closed and ended up at Fazolis.  The kids enjoyed playing in the inch of snow we got.   I am thankful for days like Saturday where we did a whole lot of nothing.

Day 25:
Not the best picture but I snapped a pic of Carson at baseball practice yesterday.  They worked on agility drills and for this particular drill, he and his BFF had to run sideways behind the line while tossing a tennis ball back and forth.  I am thankful for our head coach and his family, who are great friends of ours.  Matt is a true teacher of the game and I am seeing BIG improvements in Carson since this time last year.  Carson woke up this morning and told me how much he enjoyed the drills yesterday.


I'm off to fight off this cold and try to get some housecleaning done.  Oh the joys of being a domestic engineer!




No comments:

Post a Comment