Friday, January 3, 2014

My Very First Five on Friday Post!


I am linking up with some blogs I stalk for Five on Friday!  If I have the rules down pat, you post about five things on your mind so here goes nothing!

O N E
It is COLD here in Big Orange Country.  I am talking 14 degrees.  This is where I have been all morning and I like it!  This is hands down our favorite blanket.  Not fancy but oh so warm.  I am thinking that I will make two of these for the kids.  A blanket like this will come in handy for Caylee on those cold baseball practice nights when she has to tag along!


T W O
Speaking of baseball, I am ready for baseball to start again.  I told our coach's wife (who is also a good friend of mine) that I was ready and she promised she would remind me of when I told her how much I missed it when we are in the midst of back to back weekend tournaments and I am washing baseball pants nightly!  Before the season starts though, I must add a hoodie like Carson's  to my wardrobe!  I am going to bite the bullet and get one in maroon and gray.  I refuse to get cold on the baseball field.  Not a good feeling! 


T H R E E 
Our power was off for two hours.  It went out just as I was in the middle of writing number 2.  The kids kept asking questions like  if they could use the toilet and why the light was off in the refrigerator.  They also wanted to know if they could turn the water on.  It was fun for about an hour then boredom creeped in.  When does school resume?  ;)

F O U R
School starts back on Tuesday.  Looking back on our Christmas break, it was really unexciting- as in, we didn't do many fun things.  I got the stomach bug the weekend prior to Christmas just as Caylee was recovering from the flu.  I was really worried about how I would get everything done but I realized that Christmas would come whether or not I was ready.  I gave out more gift cards than I planned but oh well.  Christmas with family was fun and exciting as always but we usually try to sneak in some special activity but failed to do so this year.  We did go to Speedway in Lights so I guess that could count.


F I V E 
I've been in a rut with my clothes, hair, and makeup.  I see outfits online that Shay and her friend at Pinterest Told Me To wear and I LOVE them...  then I see the price tag.  How in the world do they afford those clothes?  They are currently raving over a "blardigan"- part blanket part cardigan and I would love to have one but can't see paying $90 for it.  I am currently really wanting a pair of UGG boots, but again, I can't bring myself to pay $195 for them.  I don't work outside the home and I feel guilty every time I buy something for myself and when I do I feel like I have to explain to Chad the rationale for buying it (not that he forces me to explain- he isn't like that.  I am the one that feels the guilt).  I don't want to spend the winter in fleece pants and would like to dress up every once in a while but I have champagne taste on a beer budget, I suppose.

That's all for now, folks!  Stay warm! 



2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Five on Friday! I have a fleecy blanket like yours and it is so warm! I love it! We're in the middle of a blizzard here and I'm expecting to lose power at some point in the next 24 hours! I'm on my second pair of Uggs and honestly they are worth every penny. Before I got the real things I had knock off ones and they were nowhere near as warm and I wore them out within a month. It's a big investment but I adore mine and they keep my feet toasty warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your first 5 on Friday! Cheers!!!! :) I am in a similar position right now to your first picture...just need to refill my mug! YAY!
    xx

    ReplyDelete