Wednesday, January 29, 2014

SNOW much fun!

The meteorologists around here just can't seem to get a forecast right.  Yesterday, they called for a thirty percent chance of snow.  Apparently, this is what 30% chance of snow looks like:



When I took the kids to school yesterday, our driveway and street were white but I was convinced that since they went to the school in the city, they wouldn't make a schedule change.  I went on to get my hair glazed and watched it snow.  As soon as Jamie was putting the finishing touches on my hair, I get the phone call.  I had thirty minutes to get them.  School was dismissed at 11AM.  Luckily, my hairdresser is basically across the street from the school, so I was good.  I did have to go grocery shopping after  pick up and I would rather have a root canal than have to go to the grocery store right before a snow and have to take my kids.  Luckily, the crowd nor the kids were bad!

We got home and immediately played in the snow.  It was so fun!



I love this picture.  I need it framed!



Burst shooting on my camera= great action pictures



It was 1 degree when I got up.  I snapped this picture on my iPad when it was a balmy 3 degrees.



I baked Mix and Match Mama's orange dreamsicle bundt cake while it snowed.  I need everyone back on a regular schedule so I can stop the eating madness!  I feel like when it snows, there is a chance we will get snowed in so I feel the need to bake.  Honestly, there is no such thing as being snowed in as long as Chad is here.  He will drive in anything!  

Happy Snow Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment