Sunday, February 2, 2014

I knew the day would come but I wasn't prepared that it would be today......

I knew I would be sitting down to type this post but I didn't know it would be today.  We had to put our yellow lab Gun'rrr down today.
Note: I didn't publish this on Saturday.  I was too emotional.  I finished this on Sunday.



We got Gun'rrr when he was six weeks old and he turned eleven last month.  We've had him longer than our own children so to say we are heartbroken is an understatement.  The story of how we got him is quite funny.  We noticed that Tank, our black lab, was licking himself raw in some places.  Being the worrywart I was, I took him to the vet and Dr. Gordon diagnosed him as lonely and suggested we get him a playmate.  ;)  Gun'rrr became Tank's playmate and part of our family.



The kids, especially Caylee, is having a hard time with it. They have never been afraid of our big dogs.  The dogs, for the most part, left the kids alone but did enjoy playing with them.  The humans and the dogs just meshed well.



Tank, our surviving lab, seems to be doing better than the rest of us.  I think he knows something is different but we've showered him with extra attention.  We let him sleep inside last night instead of in his kennel.  It was a hard day for us all.  I couldn't even look at Tank for a while without sobbing.



1 comment:

  1. It just breaks my heart to read this!! Bless your hearts. Big hugs to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete