Saturday, January 25, 2014

Five on Friday on Saturday!

I am a day late on my five on friday post.  I was busy yesterday and just didn't sit down long enough to blog.  Sit tight!  Here we go!



My theme for this week is 5 things necessary for staying warm.  Here in Big Orange Country, it has been colder here than in Alaska this week. One morning, our thermometer said 3 degrees.   EEEK!

O-N-E
Smart wool socks.  These things are the bees knees.  They aren't thick and itchy but oh so warm.  I have three pair for running and two pair for wearing with other shoes.  My kids also have a pair.
I actually have this pair.  Oh so warm!


T-W-O
This blanket...

A family friend that lives in Washington made this for us.  It is just a no sew fleece blanket but it is so thick and warm.  We literally fight over who gets this blanket.  I have been searching online for fabric to make the kids their own.  I also pinned a tutorial that should be pretty easy (let's hope).  I need to make Caylee one before baseball season starts!  Also needed is a hot cup of your favorite coffee!  

T-H-R-E-E
Heated seats and steering wheel for your vehicle.  My jeep has them and it is AMAZING.  We have heated and cooled seats in the front and heated seats in the back (the kids can't wait to give up their booster seats).  We also have a heated steering wheel.  These two things keep me so warm that I sometimes turn off the heat and the kids have to remind me to turn it back on.  


F-O-U-R
Fleece pants.   I am on the hunt for a fleece pair of leggings but haven't been able to find any here.  To amazon I will go!
Mine aren't this exact pair, but close.  I would wear them daily if I could.
F-I-V-E
Fleece sheets and my electric blanket.  Pure bliss.  Climbing into a warm bed and snuggling up to fleece sheets.  I actually don't mind that Chad likes to keep our bedroom in subzero degrees as long as I am cozy!  I got my sheets at Kohls and got the electric blanket for Christmas one year.  Chad is the polar opposite of me (no pun intended).  He must have it super cold in the room and only uses a sheet to cover up.  There were nights prior to me purchasing the sheets that I would sleep in a sweatshirt and fleece pants!  



If all else fails, crank up some Jimmy Buffett, turn your heat way up, put on a bathing suit, and party likes it's 90 degrees outside!  


6 comments:

  1. cute try kiki larue for fleece leggings they have a great selection, Love the staying warm post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I actually found some leggings on groop dealz!

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting those dadburn UA pants. I bet they're no where to be found now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at the UA website on the outlet tab. I got mine at the outlet in Pigeon Forge. I LOVE them. I would seriously wear them everyday if I could!

      Delete
  3. {visiting from the link up} Winter warmth perfection!! Can't live without fab socks & blankets, & more blankets!! ;) Hope you're having a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete