Friday, January 10, 2014

Five on Friday!

It's FINALLY FRIDAY!  It's been a long "short week" here at the Mac House.  The kids were supposed to go back to school on Tuesday but got a snow day.  When they got out of the car on Wednesday for school for the first time in eighteen days, I did a little happy dance in the car!

O-N-E
Let's talk about skin care.  I have super duper oily skin and continuous acne.  I have tried almost everything out there.  I found that my skin was in the best condition when I was pregnant.  Since I will not be experiencing that again, I desperately needed to regain control of my skin.  I ditched everything and went to the dermatologist last year and she changed up my regimen.  It helped but not cured.  The Retin-A and prescription soap actually messed up my Bare Minerals makeup.  When I went back to the doctor to talk to her about switching up again, she wanted to put me on two pills.  I refuse to take pills for acne so I have decided to give Proactiv another shot.  I had used proactiv products in the past but stopped due to the cost.  I had diapers to buy and couldn't really afford it.  I noticed that Proactiv has redesigned their formula so I am anxious for my friendly postman to bring it to me!  I am SICK of my face looking like it does!

T-W-O
I will be so happy when third grade is over!  Our state switched to Common Core standards this year and third grade has been a challenge for our boy.  He's done very well- only one B and the rest As on his report card so far- but man it is tough.  I don't know how some kiddies in his class have made it- they don't have supportive parents at home that work with them.  I work with both kids and try to have homework done before Chad gets home.  I will be ready for a break from school.  God Bless mothers who homeschool.  I couldn't do it!
I can't forget to mention how well my curly headed little girl is doing!  She doesn't get "grades" per say yet, just a rubric score.  She scored her first 4 in math (the highest you can get and it isn't easy to get a 4).  She is a great little reader and I thought math would be her weakness- I guess not!

T-H-R-E-E
I am still in my rut about what is in my closet.  You know how I said I didn't want to spend all winter in yoga pants?  Well, I bought another pair at Target this week.  I paid $8.50 for them minus my 5% discount for using my Target card.  Yes, I am still using my card.  I haven't discovered any crazy charges.  I still would love to get a pair of UGG boots but I can't convince Chad to let me get them.  I feel pretty confident that he would be really mad if I bought them.  We had many pajama days during Christmas break and I feel much better in real clothes, makeup, and hair fixed.  I feel like I wear the same old things all the time.

F-O-U-R
January is a tough month for me since I quit work.  It is always the let down period after the holidays.  I told Chad the other day that this year, I don't have anything to look forward to to help get through the rut.  In years past, we always took a weekend trip for him to run a race (or last year, i did a half marathon in Myrtle Beach) and we always had a girls' weekend for MLK holiday, but neither of those are happening this year.  Girls weekend will be in March.  I am looking forward to baseball season starting and am already thinking about the Luke Bryan farm tour coming in October!!!

F-I-V-E
I see many posts on diet and exercise as resolutions for the new year.  I will be the first to admit that I DESPERATELY need to eat better and get more exercise.  I am not overweight, I don't think, but I need to get my rear in gear and get back to exercise and running.  I done some research on the whole "clean eating" phenomena and while it does work,  I can't bring myself to do it.  Two reasons- I like food too much and my kids are such picky eaters they would starve!  When I did weight watchers a couple of years ago, I felt like I was running a restaurant because I would fix them something different.  I vowed that I wouldn't do that again.

Here's to the weekend!  What are your plans?  I THINK I may actually have a date night tonight- I am not cooking dinner!  First batting practice is Sunday afternoon!

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment