Wednesday, March 11, 2015

What's Up?

I saw this post over at The Larson Lingo so I thought, What the hey?  I'll do it too!

What we are eating:
I could lie to you and tell you that I am making home cooked meals every night that are pinterest worthy, but I am not.

What I can tell you is that we are eating out a lot because of our crazy schedule.  Carson has baseball on Mondays and Wednesdays, pitching lessons on Tuesday, Caylee has dance on Tuesdays and Thursdays, we eat out on Saturday nights.  The crazy part is that activities fall during meal prep time so if it doesn't come out of the crock pot, it is coming from a fast food restaurant.  It does make it hard with me doing Weight Watchers but I am trying to stay on track all of the other meals and make wise decisions during those times that I can't control.   This is just a season in our life.  It will not last forever and I will enjoy it while it is here.

What I am Reading:
I borrowed this from our church library.  It is an easy read and is eye opening and gut wrenching.  I am only in the first chapter but she has challenged me to go hands free for a portion of the day.  No checking email, Facebook, Instagram- nothing.  Be totally present and in tune with my kids (and Chad).  I have chosen the times of right after school until bedtime.  We are usually so busy during that time anyway but I have found myself grabbing my phone intermittently to check something silly.  




I downloaded this book from our public library.  We have an awesome app that allows you to download books from the library to your device (and here I am saying that I am going hands free).  My biggest problem is I can't get the books read before they disappear when the loan period is over.  I really like this book.

What I am loving:
One on one time with each kiddo.  Chad and I are taking a parenting class at our church and one of the things that has weighed heavy on our hearts is that we don't do enough with our children individually.  On the nights Carson has baseball, Caylee and I have gone somewhere to have dinner together.  On the nights Caylee has dance, Carson and I will go to Starbucks or go to a local park and throw baseballs.  I love these times with each kid.
My cute Panera date.

What we've been up to:
Watching a whole lotta this:
We are practicing three days per week and at least once on the weekend.  Games start next weekend.  I think this may be one of my favorite pictures.  I love his gloves hanging out of his little pants and the way he is standing!  

What I am dreading:
Honestly, I am sort of dreading Carson's first game.  We experienced so many emotions last fall over what happened with his former team.  I don't think Carson has completely bounced back from that.  I am not sure how all of that will play out on the field.  It is highly likely that we will play his former team.  I am already praying that God will hold my tongue when it needs to be held but be a source of positive encouragement for Carson.  Would you join me as I pray that prayer? 

What I am working on:
A deep clean of my house.  Slowly but surely.  I have many little messes all over the house! Still working on Caylee's room!

What I am excited about:
SPRING BREAK!  We are hopefully going up to Washington DC.  I say hopefully because we haven't heard if we got White House Tour  passes.  If we don't go to DC, I have other plans up my sleeve!

What I am watching:
Well, since our DIRECTV hasn't been installed yet and I got rid of cable last week, I have been watching Parenthood on Netflix.  Love it!

What I am listening to:
Luke Bryan, of course!  I am channeling my inner college girl.  He is doing two concerts in PCB tonight and tomorrow.  I'd be totally lying if I said I didn't want to be there!  He has a new EP- Spring Break.... Checkin' Out.  It is pretty good- not Crash My Party good, but good.


What I am annoyed by:
You know how some fast food places have double lanes for ordering?  Why do people still line up in one line and block anyone from going to the other line??!!

What I am reminscining about:
Since I am listening to Luke, I am thinking back to the Farm Tour concert and the fact that I touched him multiple times!

What I am looking forward to:
SUMMER BREAK!!!  We have a couple of trips planned, some surprises, and many trips to Dollywood and Splash Country!

What I am thankful for:
I am thankful for so many things but today I am thankful that I actually have the TIME to sit down and write this blog post.  I am thankful for my time at home and thankful for Chad's job outside of the home so that I can BE at home.

What I am hoping for:
SUNSHINE.  Warm weather.  It is cool and dreary here.



This was fun!  I may have to do this a couple of times a year!  Feel free to participate if you want.  Send me a link to your posts!




1 comment: