Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Weight Watchers Wednesday

Is today seriously only Wednesday???  This week has crept by.  I have spent the last two days at two different Jeep dealers- I need to just bite the bullet and do a blog post about everything going on.  It is B-A-D.

I did make it to Weight Watchers yesterday morning and weighed in.  I lost

-3 pounds!!!!

Technically, I am under the line of my four pound window.  They didn't make me pay though.  If I continue to be on the lower end of my range, there is a possibility that I might lower my goal weight. I need to talk to my leader about that though.  I think it would be a good idea to lower my weight anyway with summer coming on.  I would love to maintain what I weigh now so that I can feel comfortable in my summer clothes (read: bathing suits).  I am going to think about it and track my weight for a  couple more weeks to see what happens.

This week in our meeting, we talked about chain reactions. I was suffering from a chain reaction when I went to the meeting.  Because of all the drama surrounding our jeep, I missed my weekly grocery shopping trip and meal planning time.  I normally do all of that on Monday and Tuesday but it didn't get done this week.  On top of the jeep issues, Chad is traveling, we have LONG baseball practices (forty five minute commute to and from the field on top of that), Caylee has to make up missed dance classes due to snow, and we have the regular demands of homework and housework.  An excuse?  Maybe, but it is the truth right now.  I let all of the stress of my stupid car lead me to wrong decisions as far as my eating and what my kids have eaten.  Let's put it this way, Pal Barger and Panera have fed us twice already this week!  (For those of you not local to my area, Pal Barger owns the best fast food restaurant anywhere!)  Here's a pic:

Yes, that is a big ol' hot dog sitting on the building!


Luckily, there are some things on the menu that, when altered a little, is weight watchers acceptable.  I was upset at the fact that I have allowed this incident with the jeep affect my eating plan.  My jeep needed to go back to the shop today but I told Chad this morning on the phone that I am purposefully not going back today because there are many things I need to do at home in addition to the grocery store and meal planning that never got done.

One tip I shared this week with the group:  I do much better about eating my fruits and vegetables if I cut them up and put them in clear containers.  If I spend a little bit of time prepping the food (cutting, slicing, storing, etc), I am more likely to eat them.  Just last week, I threw out some carrots because I didn't take the time to cut them up.  Not only did I not get my vegetables in, but I wasted money on them.  

Another tip shared by my leader (which I used to do but need to get back on the wagon of doing, especially with baseball season) is packing a bag of snacks for the car.  If you are out and about and feel hunger coming on, it is easier to reach in the bag and grab a snack as opposed to going through a drive thru!

Thank you all for allowing me to share my weight loss story.  If you are contemplating losing weight, I hope you would consider weight watchers.  It takes time but it WORKS!




No comments:

Post a Comment