Monday, March 16, 2015

What One Five Means to Us

I saw this on Pinterest yesterday and I have to have it in Carson's room.   I have not decided if I will try to print it or maybe see if I can get it painted onto a canvas.  I love this quote so much.  The picture is a little blurry (not sure why).

Carson certainly has a story to tell as to why he wears 15.  It has to do with this guy.


I know I have mentioned Sam before.  He is the son of a friend of mine and is currently a Senior in high school, and plays football and baseball.  Two years ago, we were at a football game and Sam caught a great pass in the end zone for a TD and Carson asked me who that was.  He was so excited about the play.  He told me he wanted to meet that kid.  "That kid" just happened to be dating our babysitter at the time.  When he realized all of this, he immediately told me he wanted to meet him.  I text Sam's mom and asked if I could bring Carson to the field after the game.  Carson was over the moon excited to meet Sam.  Since that night, Carson has met Sam after every game to congratulate him on the win, offer hugs of support, etc and they have had their picture made after every ballgame.  They became friends (well as much as a second grader and sophomore could!  HA!) and Sam even babysat/hung out with Carson on a couple of occasions for us.  He has worked with Carson on baseball too.  Heck, he even danced with me in the Nutcracker!  ;) Sam was a big part of Carson being on field crew this year.

When Carson started playing competitive baseball, the coach told the kids to be thinking about what number they wanted to wear.  That night, Carson got in the car and said, "I'm going to wear number 15 in Sam's honor."  In Sam's house, there is no other number than 15, and that rule holds true in our house as well!

Even though Carson's has played on different teams, one thing remains the same- he has always worn number 15.  When you ask Carson who his favorite players are, he always says Sam's name first- then  Peyton Maning, Derek Jeter, andDustin Pedoria.

Sam graduates this year and will most likely play baseball at the collegiate level.  We look forward to supporting him wherever he goes!  He has been such a great influence on my little One Five (that's what I call him sometimes).

No comments:

Post a Comment