Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Beebs' Bridal Shower in Atlanta

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of helping host a bridal shower for the hubs' cousin (a member of the Georgia Hamptons as I call them), who has become a dear friend of mine (and my cousin).  We have all prayed for her to find her match and our prayers were answered!  She and her love are getting married in May.  I can't wait for the festivities!

A little background:
Every year, the women in Chad's family gets together for a girls' weekend away.  We've been to several locations within driving distance between our house and Atlanta and have done everything from inner tubing, had our pictures made in saloon attire (don't ask), slept with sheep, went honky tonkin' in Nashville, and almost burnt down a cabin.  Yep, fun times! :)

There are two generations that attend the weekend and sometimes you can't tell who is the older and who is the younger!  I love these women so much and look forward to my time with them.

This year, we decided we'd give Beth (Beebs, BeBe as she is called) a bridal shower.  I had so much fun planning the decor and activities and assisting with the food.  I'll shut up and let the pictures do the talking.

 Here is the lovely bride and me!


I was in charge of decor and being the extrovert of the bunch.  Check and check!  My sweet mother in law tells me I am the only extrovert in our family.  When guests arrived, I asked them to sign this mat that held Beth's shower invitation.  I thought she could hang it in her house.  Speaking of the invitation, we got them locally.  Turns out, an artist had hand drawn the artwork.  AMAZING!  All we had to do was choose the font and wording.


I found the next idea on Pinterest.  I had everyone take a wooden utensil (if you can find just spoons, they work a little better) and write advice for a happy marriage on one side and their name on the back.  I LOVED this.  I asked the guests to hold onto their spoons until Beth opened gifts.  As she opened the guest's gift, they read their advice and presented the utensil to her.  I think she really loved this idea.  It will be neat to pull these out years down the road and read what people said.


This wasn't my department- I am not gifted in this area but this is the fabulous cupcake wedding dress my MIL made. She made the cupcakes and designed the dress.  They were delicious but I think people were too afraid to tear apart the dress.


Of course, we had extra cupcakes on hand.


Since the shower was an afternoon shower, we kept food to a minimum.  We did have trail mix.  This stuff was out of this world good.  I was happy to see that the leftovers made it back to my jeep.  It was a  nice snack to have while traveling through Knoxville!


Another Pinterest find:  Bridal bouquets and veil to welcome the guests inside- but guess what- most of the invitees entered through another door we tried to block off.  I felt bad because that is where we hid all the stuff we had to move out of the big room to make it look like a shower.  Oh well.


Another Pinterest find: This is all the rage right now- tagging pics on social media.  I asked Beth about this and she loved the idea.  I thought it would be nice to have all the celebration pics in one place.  I've seen online that you can have a collage printed off all the pics hash tagged and I am thinking about doing that for her once they are married.


I loved these "devil dusted" candles.  Beth hates glitter (didn't know that when I was planning).  I took jelly jars and sprayed them with spray glue and rolled glitter around the inside and stuck a votive in.  Chad's aunt added the other things.


Here is the finished wooden spoon project.  LOVE LOVE LOVE!


The sweet Bride to Be!  So glad for her friendship!  


No comments:

Post a Comment