Saturday, March 15, 2014

FIVE ON FRIDAY!!!!!!

On Saturday...  WOMP WOMP WWWWOOOOOMMMMPPPP.....

I think I will probably be late to my own funeral.  This week has been 50 Shades of Crazy for Mama Mac.  I am finding that I am in a happier state of mind when I am busy but this week may have been a little too busy and my messy house is proof.  Oh well, YOLO.

Let's get to the gossip and what is going on with me:


O-N-E
I am a working woman.  Sort of.  I got a call from a former coworker whom I still substitute for asking me if I would be interested in tutoring a little girl on homebound for the remainder of the school year.  Homebound is for students with severe health concerns that prevent them from attending school for the day.   I see her twice a week for an hour and a half.  It is good because it is just enough to fit into my crazy busy baseball mama schedule.   This little girl is PRECIOUS and I am really enjoying my time with her.    The family is supportive and have welcomed me into their home.  This is a nice change from my past teaching jobs where I had no support from the home!

T-W-O
I am writing this post at 6:30AM on a Saturday morning inhaling my second cup of coffee because I have been awake since 5:30 thanks to the hubs alarm.  I rolled over to turn it off and said a few not nice words to the pillow because Chad was already up and gone for a run.  All I wanted to do was to sleep in this morning.  We have a big day ahead!


T-H-R-E-E
Why was Chad up at o'dark thirty to run?  He's signed up for this 100 MILE trail race against my wishes.  He had talked about it when they announced they were going to do it and I voiced my concern about it to deaf ears.  The reason I was opposed to it is because he has a highly stressful job with at least 12 hour days (sometimes longer), travels a lot, is helping coach a baseball team, has two children and a wife at home, and a home to maintain.  I am most concerned about how he was going to fit training for this asinine race into his already busy schedule and how his body would react to the intense training.  He's doing it though and I am not happy about it.  I did realize though, that running is his drug and that I would rather him be addicted to running as opposed to be addicted to drugs or alcohol.  The race is in May.  I am planning on going and hanging out with friends while he runs.  I think I might even treat myself to a mani/pedi for surviving his training!!  :)



F-O-U-R
This weekend is opening weekend for baseball!  You will find me on the ball field the next fifteen weeks.  I couldn't be more excited!



F-I-V-E
I ordered these last week and I cannot wait for them to arrive.


I got the light gray classics.  This is my second pair of TOMS.  I got bleach on my first pair.  :(  I tried to love them but they have absolutely no arch support so I had to put them away for a while.  When I was shopping for spring shoes and saw that Shay raved about them, I decided to give them a try because when Shay talks, I listen! :) I got the bright idea to go to our local shoe repair store (the owner is super nice) and ask him if he could add something to the arch to help my poor dancer feet.  He gave me AT NO CHARGE some inserts to try when they came in.  He even offered a second option if those don't work.  How cool!  I am anxious to put these to the test when we head South to see a certain Mouse!

That's it folks!  Have a great weekend!

See Ya Real Soon!

5 comments:

  1. My Toms were the most comfortable shoes that I wore while we were at Disney at Christmas. I wore tennis shoes, flip flops and Toms. My feet didn't hurt at all the day I wore my Toms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the inserts will work. I am looking at getting TOMS wedges but need to try them on first. I am afraid they are too high heel for me.

      Delete
  2. I have two pairs of wedges and LOVE them. I don't wear many heels, but do like these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A 100 mile trail run? That's intense! Good luck to you both : )

    I love TOMS, but they definitely don't have support. I'm glad you suggested inserts--I'll have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, I put the inserts into my bleached TOMS and I could tell a difference. I can't wait to get them in my new pair so that I can see how they work. My suggestion would be to go to a shoe repair store and ask what can be done. If you can't find anything and these work for me, I will be glad to get you a pair and mail them! The other thing I thought about was trying Dr. Sholl's inserts.

      Delete