Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Just Call Me The Old Bag Lady

Ok, maybe you can omit the word old, but I have an obsession for tote bags.  I didn't realize it until about an hour ago.

My mom is doing some early spring cleaning and asked if I wanted a couple of Vera Bradley bags.  Hello?  YES!  I was excited to get my hands on them.  Why do I need so many bags?  I don't know.  The good news is that I didn't pay for most of these.  They were either gifted or got them for free!  I hosted a Thirty One Gifts party back in October as a fundraiser for our baseball team so I got a nice hostess credit and used the credit to get me several things as well as Christmas gifts.

I got this wild idea that I'd do a blog post on my love of bags and showcase my favorites.  After I loaded my pictures I realized that forgot to take pics of two other bags that I really like.  Ooops...

It is no secret that I love Vera Bradley though I must admit I've stopped carrying VB purses.  I love her prints- they are beautiful- her bags are functional.  I guess I just got tired of carrying them.  I still use the turn lock wallet.  I got one for Christmas.  I love it because my iPhone will fit inside of it so I can just carry the wallet when necessary.

Take a look at my obsession:

Vera Bradley Miller Bag.  This is my "purse" when we fly.  That way, I can also have a carry on.  I use this as my gym bag now.

This is a bag Mom gave me.  Not sure of the name of the bag but it is Vera Bradley.  I love it because it has many inside little pockets.  I am going to use this for a little tutoring job I took. 

My first large utility tote from Thirty One.  When I had my party, I added the zipper pouch.  A great find!  I use this for EVERYTHING.

Perfect for tailgating!  I didn't have to pay for this one (except for monogram).  

I will be taking this to Disney.  I got it for free when I opened my Disney Visa card.  

Another free Thirty One (again- I paid for monogram).  I use this as my toiletry bag when I travel.  I like the outside pockets.

This is the Retro Metro Thirty One tote.  I was dying to get this one but I haven't used it yet.  My other totes have worked out so well, I just haven't used it.  

No explanation necessary!  This will be on my shoulder for the fifteen baseball tournaments we are playing in.

This is the Retro Metro weekender from Thirty One.  I haven't used this one either but I am thinking it would make a great bag for a weekend away.

I keep this bag in my car for miscellaneous things.  My main reason for getting it is to take to Dobyns-Bennett football games this fall since Carson is going to be on the field crew.  It can also go to the baseball field too!

I forgot to take pictures of two other bags I use a lot!  Caylee has the Vera Bradley weekender.  A whole week's worth of her clothes will fit in that bag!  


I also love the Vera Bradley large duffle.  I used it as a weekender bag.  It will hold so much stuff!  When I googled the image to post, it took me to an auction site and the current bid for this bag is $284.  I paid $50 for it.  YIKES!  I am definitely hanging onto this bag!

It is so odd that I have an obsession for tote bags yet I am VERY picky when purchasing a purse.  I have a list of requirements and seldom I get a bag with everything on my list.  

Do you have a particular brand or style of bag that you are crazy about?







No comments:

Post a Comment