Sunday, February 16, 2014

#TinaEveryday Week 7

As I am typing this, my children are upstairs jamming to "Today is the Day".  How awesome is it to hear kids worship!

Day 41:
I usually grab the mail as I am heading out to pick up the kids and sort through it while I wait on them to come out.  This day, we received our third (and later in the week a fourth) sympathy card from our vet.  This time, the tech and office staff all signed a card that included a note stating that a donation in Gun'rr's memory had been made to Small Miracles Therapeutic Riding Center  (click on title for more info).  Cue the water works, again.  I cannot say enough about our vet's office.  I truly feel like they all have a love and passion for animals. I think you have to in order to have a job like they do.  One time when we boarded the dogs there, one of the techs said he came in over the weekend and just played with our dogs for a while.  He said he loved labs and ours were great dogs so he took them out to the fenced in yard and played with just them.  I can also remember when Tank and Gun'rrr first started living with us again after we built the house (they lived at the in laws during construction).  They got out early one morning.  I got a phone call shortly after 7:30AM and it was one of the employees at the vet saying that Tank and Gun'rrr was hanging out on their front porch and when she opened the door, they ran right inside!  We live a quarter of a mile from the office- basically at the top of the hill behind the office. Those were only a few of many memories we have of our crazy dogs!





Day 42:
I was feeling especially sorry for Tank so I loaded him up and he went with me to pick the crew up from school.  I didn't tell the kids Tank was in the back and I wish I'd videoed Carson's reaction.  He jumped out of his skin!  He then said, "What is dad going to say about Tank riding in the jeep?"  I had cleared it with Chad and was given the green light to take Tank for a ride as long as I cleaned it up.  We ended the field trip with a trip to PetSmart.  Tank got lots of attention at the store.  What is it about a black lab?



Day 43:
The kids were out of school for absolutely no snow.  I took several pictures on Wednesday so I made a collage.  By the end of the week, I was running out of ideas to entertain them!


Day 44:
Almost 6 inches of snow and a daughter wearing pajama pants.  Don't judge.  I made poor Tank sit in the snow for a picture.


Day 45:
The day of love.
This picture shows my peeps I love the most.

Day 46:
We broke the law and let the kids ride home from Barberito's without their booster seats.  They wanted to use the seat warmers because it was so cold.  In Tennessee, they have to stay in a booster until age 9,which is this summer for Carson.  He says he is going to shoot his booster with a bb gun.  I think someone is ready to say goodbye to the booster!



Day 47:
Happy opening day, Vol Baseball!  I am SO ready for some baseball!!  WOOP WOOP!


1 comment: