Friday, February 14, 2014

Five on Friday!


I'm linking up for Five on Friday! 
O-N-E
Today is day 3 of no school for the Macs.  They go to a school system that NEVER closes for snow so three consecutive days is unheard-of.  The suits and ties (school officials) have been getting a lot of slack for it too (partly from me, I confess).  They close school on Wednesday in preparation for the snow that was supposed to start at 1:00.  Every other system around us dismissed at the half day mark and we could have too.  They knew about what time it would start but closed anyway.  It was a wasted day!
This is what a snow day looks like at 8:30AM. 

By the time all was said and done, we went up with almost six inches.  Isn't this ruler the cutest?  Thank you first grade crafters!

Last night, the snow was still hanging around but they call at 7PM and say we are on a two hour delay but it was subject to change.  I just don't get it- call school off without snow and a two hour delay with a half of a foot??  Granted, roads appeared clear last night (we went for a drive) but knowing that temperatures would drop, roads would refreeze.  They didn't make their mind up to call school off until 5:30 this morning.  

T-W-O
I know today is the day of love- BLAH BLAH BLAH.  I have never been a fan of Valentine's Day.  My junior year of high school, two of my close friends were killed in a car accident on Valentine's night so that is what I think about every Valentine's day.  Not just their death but how our community of school came together.  

I told Chad I didn't need candy or roses on this or any day.  He is not the most romantic type- he just has his own way of showing love.  I have to remind myself of that.  His love language is going to work everyday so i don't have to (and packing the kids lunches every night).  I'll take that over roses, candy, or flashy bling any day.   He did gift me with a Panera gift card.  He knows I love Panera and that I love our Panera breakfast dates that have gone by the wayside.  We have fallen into the work/raise kids trap that putting each other first doesn't happen.  I did not get him a gift (oops) because we went tubing last weekend and I thought that was everyone's gift.  Besides, anyone else find it odd that you go out and buy your husband a gift with his own money?  "here honey.  I bought you _______ with your money".  I know it isn't like that but that is how I feel it is.  I really struggle with the whole money thing when one works and one doesn't that is another post for another day.

T-H-R-E-E
I am loving the Proactiv system.  I am not loving the price of it but I have decided that I only have one face that cannot be replaced so I need to take care of it.  Beauty is expensive, people!

F-O-U-R 
This goes along with number two.  Instead of buying gifts for Valentine's Day (didn't we just have Christmas a couple of weeks ago?), we are spending time together as a family.  I didn't realize I was doing this but I had planned a special outing for each month through April.  In January, I took the kids bowling on MLK holiday, February we tubed, March/April we will be on a special trip.  I like doing this alot- just the 4 of us.

F-I-V-E
In closing, I am will leave you with five things that I LOVE (other than my peeps)

Luke Bryan:

Baseball

Target

Icees from Wiegels

My favorite picture of Carson.

I'll leave you with a little PSA compliments of Team Mac:


Don't eat yellow snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment