Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Weight Watchers Wednesday

Y'all- I am back for a WWW post with BIG NEWS to share.

I am officially a Weight Watchers employee!!!!!!

I have not officially started my training yet but hopefully soon.  I will be a receptionist one morning a week in a neighboring community.  I am excited to see where this takes me!

I haven't really done a weight loss post in a while but the last time I weighed in, I was up 2 pounds (but I contribute that to Dear Aunt Flo) and this week, I was down 3.  I haven't done a single thing differently when I was up then down so it had to be that unwelcome monthly visitor.

#sorryforTMI

#rollercoaster

I stepped on my scale at home this week and saw the lowest number I ever have.  For once, I am finally happy with the number on the scale.  I have a way to go as far as my body shape, but I am happy in my skin.  I want to get better about weight lifting- I have always struggled with that.

One major struggle I faced since my last WW post was with clothes.  Since shorts season is pretty much here (and hopefully, to stay), I had to go through my shorts and try each pair on.  In the end, I could only wear two pair of my shorts in my closet.

#nonscalevictory

I went to Target (because most of my clothes come from Target) and bought a size 6 shorts.  I waited until I got home to try them on and they were too tight on me.  I was crushed.  This was about a week before my "visitor" but I didn't realize how much she has an affect on my body.  I reluctantly took them back and bought a size 8.  Since I knew (or thought I knew) the 8 would fit, I took the tags off without trying them on.  After my visitor went back to the hole she crawls out of, I put the size 8 shorts back on and they almost fell off of me.

Say what???

I knew I had to keep the shorts because I had already taken the tags off- although, truthfully, my Target loves me and I probably could have returned them for the second time.  Oh well, I can wear a belt with them and I think everything will look ok.  I might get a second pair of khaki shorts because I wear them so much in the summer.  And I'll be getting a size 6.

Lesson learned- don't try on clothes during your time of the month!

Ok- back to Weight Watchers....
We talked this week about Power Foods.  This was basically a refresher on what power foods are and to share ideas on how we fix power foods.  Power foods, like chicken, fruits, and vegetables, were the keys to my weight loss.  I forced myself to eat more fruit daily and what I found was that I wasn't as hungry in my weak times!

I am going to close this post with something I've never done.  I took a selfie at the gym yesterday.  Maybe it is the tank top that was a little big on me but I was happy with my look yesterday!  Heck, I even had second day dirty hair!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment