Friday, April 17, 2015

Five Favorites on Friday

I'm back with another Five on Friday post!  Today's post is brought to you by Friendship Chrysler Jeep Dodge.

I really don't have a sponsor for this post.  I am currently sitting at a jeep dealership in another town waiting on them to fix all the screw ups that the other dealership made.  What stinks is that I am stuck here for the day.  I came armed with my laptop, my Nook, and a Redbox movie!  

Let's get to the good stuff!!!



O-N-E
My favorite moment of the week was watching Caylee in her Tennessee History museum.  Every year, the second graders complete an in depth study of Tennessee History.  Part of their study was researching a famous Tennessean.  Their teacher assigned them a famous Tennesseean and they had to learn as much about them as they could, write a report, and prepare a speech.  The culminating activity was a Wax Museum.  The kids "became" their person in this museum.  They were lined up along the hallways of the school and sat "frozen" until a museum guest (parents, teachers, students, staff, etc) touched their hand.  They came to life and said their little speech.  It was the sweetest thing ever!  We had Minnie Pearl, Peyton Manning, Pat Summit, Al Gore, Andrew Jackson, Alvin York, Tina Turner, and Grace Moore. Caylee was Anne Dallas Dudley.  She was a leader in the movement for women's rights.  I didn't know how she was until I googled her and had a hard time coming up with an outfit.  Our awesome friends, the Goods, came through for me and let us borrow this dress.  We chose it because in all of the pictures of Anne, she was wearing a dress with this neckline.

I present to you, Anne Dallas Dudley (or Fancy Nancy! )....
She did a great job.  She, like most of her classmates, had memorized their little speech.  I was so proud.  She said she got many compliments!  

T-W-O
My TimeHop is depressing me right now.  It was around this time four and five years ago that Chad ran the Boston Marathon.  That city forever has my heart.  I fell in love with the city because of the marathon and I became a RedSox fan.  I think the city of Boston fell in love with me too because of my accent!  ;)  
The 2011 trip was the last big trip Chad and I took together without the kids.  Kinda sad, but such is life.  We had ambitions of taking trips together every year but life (and lack of funds) gets in the way.  My biggest fear is that when our kids are grown and leave our home, we won't know who each other is anymore.  I would love to go with him when he travels for business just to get away- even if it is sitting in the hotel room reading a book- but it isn't worth messing up everyone's apple carts and asking others to step in and take care of the kids.  We are fortunate to take trips with the kids and I enjoy that time very much.  The kids went to Boston for his first race then he and I went the second time he ran it.  

T-H-R-E-E
The ACMs are this weekend.  I bet you can't guess who I am voting for DAILY for Entertainer of the Year!!!!!  My favorite....
Mercy!  I hope he wins but I am afraid Garth or Miranda will get it.  I am so excited for new music from Luke.  I know he has a new album coming out this year. I don't know how it will top Crash My Party.  

F-O-U-R
I put myself on a No Spend Diet the rest of this month (and maybe part of next month).  This is not a "favorite" but it needs to happen.   I spent one whole afternoon this week reworking our budget and was disgusted at what we spend.  What blows my mind is that Chad makes more now than we both did put together when I worked AND we paid daycare, diapers, formula, etc. and it seems as though we had more "disposable" income then than we do know.  What the heck?  The bad news is Caylee and I both need clothes.  Since losing my weight, my closet has become bare.  Plus, since I am going to work for Weight Watchers, I will need clothes appropriate for work.  I am going to need a couple of bathing suits too.  I am not going to shop for them until May though.  


F-I-V-E
My favorite quote this week was something I said to my mother in law.  With our crazy schedules and Chad's travel, we eat out a lot (maybe that is part of the problem in number 4!).  I told her, "If it weren't for Pal Barger and Truett Cathy, we would starve!"  Pal Barger owns Pal's, our favorite local fast food restaurant; and, of course, Truett Cathy founded Chick Fil A.  

Well, that is a peek into my brain!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  I am working the Bristol race this weekend as a fundraiser for the baseball team!

It's Bristol Baby!



No comments:

Post a Comment