Monday, April 27, 2015

Weekend Rewind

I was talking with someone last week who stated that she looked forward to Mondays because the weekends are crazy busy.  In some ways, I see her point but I do enjoy my weekends!  Our weekend was packed with  bike riding, baseball, cold weather, and more baseball.

Carson played his third tournament this weekend.  We have had the gamut of weather this season.  One week it snows, one week it is 80 degrees, and one week it is cloudy, cool, and windy.  Only baseball families have to pack blankets AND sunscreen for the same weekend!

Friday night, Chad came home from work and said he was going to purchase Caylee a new bicycle.  He told her that he would buy her a new bike once she learned how to ride without training wheels.  If we have learned nothing else about Caylee it is that everything is done in Caylee time.  She does things in her own manner and riding a bike was no different.  She learned how to ride at Chad's parents' house the first time she got on!  We tried last year to get her to ride but she would have no part of it.  She decided she would learn this spring and she took off as soon as she got on.




 Her grandparents picked her up from school on Friday and we bought the bike before they got home and had it sitting in the driveway.  We heard her squealing with excitement when they pulled up.  She is doing great.  #inCayleetime

Saturday morning, we woke up to dark clouds.  We checked the weather app numerous times but the games were still on.  We didn't anticipate playing our two games but we headed to the field anyway.  They got to play both games and played very well.  They went 2-0 and were the one seed going into Sunday.  It was fun to watch!  After the game, Daddy rode home with us in the Wrangler so I crashed the backseat with the kids.  I thought for sure we would get rained on so I wore my best slouchy outfit- yoga pants and a baseball hat!  No sense in fixing my hair!  What was supposed to be a 100% chance of rain turned out to be a 100% chance of sunburn!  Chad and I both got red noses!  The sun came out and it was a beautiful day for some baseball!
Sunday morning brought more black/gray clouds and cooler temperatures.  I decided I was going to be prepared to stay for two games.  We packed a lunch, I did my hair, and we headed out.  ;)

They got to play two games which means Carson brought home some hardware.  Hardware or no hardware, our team is playing well right now.   The hardware doesn't matter to me.  I want Carson to learn the game and have fun doing it.   Their heads are in the right place!  They are having a blast too!  One of our parents brings a big bluetooth speaker and plays music before the game and between innings.  The music must have fired them up because when our boys would take the field, they went out dancing and danced until the umpire called for a batter!!  It was a great sight!  They are having fun!

I can go on about this team, but I have a post I am working on about where we came from and where we are now.

I'll close with some pictures!

Oh the base stealing....  This is so different in kid pitch.  This was the championship game and our coaches were aggressive on the base stealing (which is good).  On this at bat, Carson got to take his base because the pitcher hit him in the buttocks.  Carson said after the game that he didn't even realize he'd gotten hit until he got to first base and realized his rear hurt a little.  He just heard the umpire tell him to take his base so he did what he was told (that's what he told me!).  Apparently the pitcher wanted to get Carson out BADLY because he took the base so he tried probably five times to pick Carson off.  He was unsuccessful!  Carson beat the ball and the catcher and scored a run!
SAFE!
Centerfield work.  His buddy, and fellow 15, also plays center!

Caylee at a game is hilarious.  She plays her iPad and just asks what the score is.

She did stop watching a movie to get Carson coming home on camera.  So sweet!

You can barely see the ball but this was the ball to the butt at bat.

I have to take a minute to brag.   After the championship game, I thought I heard our coach tell the boys to go shake hands with the opposing team after they got their trophies. The trophy ceremony was a little rushed because they were behind schedule so they were trying to clear out for the next game. I told Carson to hang back and do what his coach asked. After the trophies were handed out, he walked over to the other baseline ALONE and shook hands with every player and coach. Yes, I asked him to do it but I am still so proud of the person he is becoming. 





 Our next tournament isn't for another two weeks.  Maybe by then, I will get caught up on housework and weight watcher trainings!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment