Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Rainy Wednesday Weekend Recap

Say the title three times fast!

I am going to throw it back to the weekend to do a recap!!!  It is a dreary, rainy day here in Big Orange Country so instead of being productive, I have done several things on my computer.

On Friday night, Caylee and I headed to the next town over for her rehearsal for the fashion show she was in.  I don't remember if I mentioned this before or not (and I am too lazy to go back and look at old blog posts) but Caylee and her BFF Anna-Claire were models for an American Girl Fashion Show benefitting CASA.  It was a neat little experience for them both.  Caylee really had fun with it and wants to do it next year.

She modeled Samantha.  I thought she looked precious.

My pictures of her on stage weren't good at all.  Oh well.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Caylee lost TWO TEETH last week.  I didn't even think about the fashion show and the fact that she would be basically toothless for the show until my mom reminded me of how cute she would look.  Mom was right.  She sure did look cute!

Caylee has learned the art of selfies.  She loves to get my phone and take pictures.  I haven't even looked on her iPad to see how many pictures she has on there!

Right after the fashion show, we changed clothes and went straight to the ball field.  Carson and team played two games on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.  His team went 2-0 and earned the number 1 seed for bracket play for the next day.  Carson played well and even got some time on the mound.  Coach Chris told me that when we told Carson to go to the mound, Carson's eyes got as big as saucers and he said, "really?  me?"  He didn't do horrible on the mound but didn't do great either.  I think the nerves got the best of him but his pitching coach told us to keep encouraging him and keep working at it until it becomes habit.  I, for one, was a nervous wreck.  I kept busy by taking pictures!






#pictureoverload
#sorrynotsorry
#proudmom

I hope Carson gets more opportunities to pitch but if he doesn't we are ok with that.  Not everyone can be a pitcher.

We did lose our game on Sunday to a tough team.  They played together last year and the wheels came out from under our team.  Our boys had no reason to hang their heads though.  They are playing well and having fun.  They are learning to play together.  Carson had a great hit and a great stop in right field.  He had to dive for the ball and came up firing the ball to get the out.  When we got home, we received a text from his coach that simply told us he was proud of Carson and that he is a great boy.  I got a lump in my throat.  I am so grateful for this opportunity for Carson to come back from the heartache of last season.  His team has accepted him and he seems to be enjoying playing again.

We came home and crashed after the game!  I was so tired!!  Fun, busy weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment