Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What's Up Wednesday?

What's up?  The temperatures here in Big Orange Country- that is for sure!  We had 8 inches of snow last week and it is starting to melt.  I hate the days following a snow- everything is so nasty!

I'm linking up with Shay and Mel!


1. What we're eating this week.....
Monday: popcorn shrimp, red potatoes, salad (AKA: needed to go to grocery store and we ate whatever we can find!)
Tuesday: Crock Pot Chicken Tacos- a FAVORITE!
Wednesday: Left over chicken tacos
Thursday: eat out- first baseball practice and dance class.  We will not be home until 8ish!
Friday: spaghetti, salad, bread
Saturday: Barbaritos!
Sunday: leftovers

2.  What I'm reminiscing about....
Going tubing with my people.  We hope to do that again this year!





3.  What I'm loving....
My Yeti cup!  I use it daily.  I pour my coffee in it before taking the kids to school and sip on it all morning.  Maybe my Valentine will get the larger size for me!




4.  What I've been up to....
We woke up last Wednesday morning to snow.  What was originally predicted as 1-3 inches turned into 7-8 inches by Friday!  It was fun but I was ready to be back to a routine!


We fought over who would get the prime real estate in front of the fire.  You can see who clearly won that battle!

"Mom, my sled is a shield from snow falling in my face while I rest!"- Carson

Overtime it snows, we lose power (and our lines are underground).  It was quite peaceful.  Bonus: Chad's hotspot in the basement that still had juice!  







5.  What I'm dreading....
The kids take the TN Ready test for the first time next month.  It is a statewide standardized test that all TN kids will take on the computer.  I hate standardized testing!

6.  What I'm working on....
This blog post!  ;)

7.  What I am excited about......
Next month, I am meeting a representative from St. Jude to talk about getting involved in fundraising and volunteer work at the local affiliate.  I am excited to get more involved with this amazing organization!


8.  What I am watching/reading....
I just finished Suddenly One Summer by Julie James. It was a good book- a little more sexual content that I want to read, but overall a good book.  If you want to follow me on GoodReads, shoot me an email at tinatnvol@gmail.com!

I don't really watch TV (I do indulge in Young and the Restless sometimes!  HA!)I am looking forward to Fuller House on Netflix and Grease! Live this weekend!

9.  What I'm listening to....
Currently, I am listening to the sound of my Roomba vacuuming my hardwood while the Bobby Bones show plays from my iPad.


10.  What I'm wearing...
Since it snowed last week, I wore ALL of my warm fleece pants and leggings!  I did purchase this top from Target and I LOVE IT!


11. What I'm doing this weekend....
We have to travel to Roanoke for a funeral this weekend.  Chad's sister in law's father passed away.

12.  What I'm looking forward to next month....
We don't really have anything exciting next month- except watching the Super Bowl and our boy Peyton!  I am not a big Valentine's Day person.  Personally, I think it is overrated.  We just don't make a big deal out of it.  We will get something small for the kids, but other than that, it is a normal day.


13.  What else is new....
I think I broke my nose!  Long story....  Elmer got out on Sunday (big surprise there) and Carson, a friend of his, and I were driving to take the friend to meet his parents and we saw Elmer walking up our street.  I put the Wrangler in park and got out to open the back tailgate to let Elmer in.  Elmer came BOLTING to jump in and when he did, he hit the glass window that flips up and the glass window hit the bridge of my nose.  I have a nice gash on it and it is swollen.  There is nothing a doctor can do, so I am just living with it.


14. What is a favorite Valentine treat.....
A coffee from Starbucks or a Sonic Coke Zero is good for me! Even better- a Yeti cup for my coke zeros!  ;)

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment