Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesdays: 2016 Goals and Who I Am

Welcome to my blog!  I am so excited to share my 2016 goals with you!  Thanks to Andrea for hosting the party!

My name is Tina.  I turned 38 last October and am quickly climbing the hill to the big 4-0.  I am not sure how I feel about that!  I live in East Tennessee where the tea is sweet (although I like mine with Truvia), the mountains are alive and beautiful, and our blood runs Orange.  I live in a town about forty five minutes from where I grew up.  I like where I live but would love to live in Peachtree City, Georgia someday, although I would still fly my Tennessee flag proudly!

In 2001, I married my love, Chad.  My daddy introduced us.  You can read more about that here. 

We are the proud parents of two humans, Carson (age 10) and Caylee (age 8) and two fur babies, Tank (age 14) and Elmer (age 3).

During Christmas break, we found out that Tank, our black lab, probably has cancer, and is most likely in the advance stage.  We are heartbroken but decided to bring him home and keep him comfortable.  Chad and I got Tank as a wedding gift to each other so I have lived with Tank as long as  I have lived with Chad.  If you are the praying kind, would you pray for our hearts to prepare to say goodbye to our amazing dog?  We all are taking it pretty hard but are making the best of the time we do have with him. 

I am a former special education teacher and supervisor turned stay at home mom, or as I like to call it, live in the car mom.  I spend my days trying to keep kids alive!  I wouldn't have it any other way.  I am also an extremely slow five time half marathoner.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE country music, especially Luke Bryan.  Finally, I am a huge supporter of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.  
I think that pretty much sums up my life!  

I have been thinking a lot about goals/resolutions for the new year.  Last year, I chose one word that would be my guiding resolution for the year.  You can read about it here.  I feel pretty good about the outcome of my resolution.  I learned to let a lot of things go- and it is such a good feeling.  I am a work in progress but I learned that some things that  used to bother me doesn't really bother me anymore.  How did I get there?  Lots of prayer and many talk sessions with my Mama! ;)  

This year, I decided my word would be:

BE.

Be. Still.
I feel like I am constantly on my feet and on the go all day long.  I need to learn to stop and be still.  Watch a TV program with Chad.  Sit down and read a book. Sit down and play a game with the kids.  Simply slow down and breathe.



Be. Present.
How many times am I distracted by my phone?  WAY. TOO. MUCH.  This year, I want to give more attention to the people in my home instead of wasting time on stupid electronics and other time suckers (other than the blog, of course!).  I also want to be present in more pictures!  I organized my digital pictures over the holiday and can probably count less than 20 that I am actually in.  I want people to take more pictures of me.  I need to get over how bad I look or how bad the picture is! 


Be. Kind
Do something nice for someone else- just because.  Be kind to my kids- work on using kind words in a kind tone with them.  Be kind to Chad- give him the attention he deserves.  Basically, treat people the way I want to be treated!  Sound familiar?

Be. Clean
I have got to get my house into a nice routine.  With baseball season quickly approaching, I need to make a doable cleaning schedule and stick to it.  I also need to make it a point to straighten the house up nightly.  Also part of being clean, I want to make myself more presentable.  I fall into the sweatpants and no makeup camp in the winter, which basically makes me look like a homeless person.  I am not homeless so why should I look that way?!


Be. Healthy
I want to become a faster runner- like 10:00 mile. I am not there.  I need to get there and the way I will do it is to keep pounding the pavement and maybe even hit the gym on a regular basis.  I follow Weight Watchers and I want to get back to tracking everything that goes into my mouth.

Be. On Time
I added this one last.  We are always on time for school but that is about it.  It seems like I am always rushing to and from.  I need to allow myself more time to get to where I am going.  No excuses!

I can't wait to read all about YOU and your goals! Thanks for stopping by!




3 comments:

  1. so glad to have met you! this is such a great post! hope you check my blog out as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun reading about your family - and your goals for the year! They sound great. Go Big Orange!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like all Mamas want the same things. Also 10 min mile is my goal too. Right now I'm battling Achilles Tendinitis. It makes me sad. I found your blog on the link up and I'm excited to follow along.

    ReplyDelete