Friday, January 15, 2016

Finally Friday!

Happy Friday loves!  I'm back with a Five on Friday linkup!


O-N-E
Last weekend, Chad ran his 5th 50 mile trail race.  You read that right.  He has completed FIVE fifty mile trail races.  This doesn't include that Crazy 100 Miler he did last year, the countless marathons, and 50ks.  The kids and I drove down to Chattanooga on Saturday morning (SUPER EARLY) to watch.  It was a cold and wet day (much like today).

This is how Caylee crews a race!  We took the new car and I made them take their shoes off and attempted to keep the plastic floormats clean (didn't work!).
 Here he comes to the "finish".  These trail races are no frills.  The finish line wasn't marked.  The race director was standing near me and I asked him where the official finish line was and he said, "eh, around here somewhere!".

 Chad and his running husband, Sid.  I swear, he spends more time with Sid than he does me!  Good dude, that Sid is.

T-W-O
My boy got contacts this week.  We knew we would have to move to contacts for baseball and after meeting once with our pitching coach, we decided to go ahead and talk with our optometrist.  Carson did great pitching with his glasses but couldn't hit anything.  He can't wear his glasses and his batting helmet so contacts it is.  We spent over an hour in the contact room of the eye doctor's office (side note: they need wine in there! MERCY).  Carson had trouble getting them in and out and he had to do it himself.  I can't help.  It was hard for me not to intervene.  It was stressful for the both of us.  The lady that taught him how to put them in wasn't the best teacher in the world but he is starting to get the hang of it.  He is getting a little better at it but it will take practice.  Chad reassured me that it will get easier.  I don't have to wear glasses or contacts but Chad does.
T-H-R-E-E
I got my hair colored last week and after convos with my wonderful hairdresser and friends, I have decided I am gun ho on the whole #dirtyhair thing.  I come from the "wash your hair everyday religiously camp" but I know that isn't always healthy.  Right now, I am on day four hair and even though it is feeling gross, I am forcing myself to make it through one more day and wash tomorrow.  I don't have plans outside of the house tonight so I am good with the grease! ;)  This stuff has been a lifesaver! I am open to product suggestions and dry hair style suggestions!  I am rocking a messy bun and bangs pinned back right now!

F-O-U-R
I spent four hours this morning cleaning out my pantry. Three huge trash bags later, it is finished.  Geez!  I need to do a better job at eating what we have and not impluse buying!

F-I-V-E
I haven't mentioned Weight Watchers much lately.  I am still attending meetings and somewhat following the plan.  I am within my goal weight according to WW, but I would like to be a little lighter.  WW changed their program and I hate to admit it, but I am not really digging it.  I need to roll up my sleeves and get 100% back on track and see what happens.  

I hope you guys have a lovely weekend!  We are out of school Monday.  Our weekend plans consist of cleaning out and organizing the playroom and cleaning out Caylee's closet.  Fun times! (insert eye roll here)



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I found your blog through the linkup! Can't wait to read more! Hope you'll stop by mine :)

    ReplyDelete