Friday, April 25, 2014

Five on Friday!

I'm linking up with April for

O-N-E
Stick a fork in me. I am done for the week.  We have been dealing with an issue at our home for a while and this week I have had all I can take.  It would be so easy to throw in the towel and give up but it isn't a option.  I hope that once school is out, things will be better!

T-W-O
The countdown to summer is on.  My kids have 19 school days left!!!!  WOOP WOOP!  Standardized testing begins next week and Carson will take the TCAP for the first time.  To say we have all felt stressed is an understatement.  I can't show him that I am stressed for him because I don't want it to affect his performance.  There is so much pressure of kids these days.  I have actually considered homeschooling and if you know me at all- that isn't my thing!

T-H-R-E-E
Chad was at home this morning for breakfast, morning, routine, and drop off to school.  He actually gave me the morning off and took the kids to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast AND TOOK THEM TO SCHOOL!  Y'all just have no idea how glorious it was not to have to worry about all of that- Chad is never here in the mornings.  He typically leaves the house around 4AM for his run then is at the office by 6 or earlier (this includes a 30 minute commute).  This  includes weekends too except that he is running again but not going into the office.  Don't get me wrong- this is my job now but every once in a while (read: once a year) it is nice to have  break!  I miss Chad in the mornings but our norm is for him not to be here.  Last weekend, he didn't run in the AM and it was honestly kinda weird for him to be here in the morning.  It was almost like we were having a "normal Saturday morning" as a family.  Plus, Carson didn't have a baseball tournament due to Easter so it was an added bonus!

F-O-U-R
Once I finish my blog for today, I am going to make my May calendar.  We have this calendar that hangs in our hallway off of the kitchen and it is my lifeline.  I use my iPhone calendar but I also need something I can look at a lot.  I bought the glass at IKEA and Chad made the calendar out of pinstripe tape that you put on cars.  Crazy but works!

May is going to be crazy busy with end of the year activities, baseball, dance performance, and a beach trip.  This on top of school, my little tutoring job, Chad's travels, housewife duties...  OK, I am just going to stop because one May, we may not be busy and I will look back and wish we had this time back.   I am going to buckle my seat belt and enjoy the ride and not complain!

F-I-V-E
I am on a hunt for new recipes.  I feel like we eat the same things all the time.  I have over three hundred recipes pinned on pinterest but when I look at ingredients, half of them can't be fixed because Chad can't eat onions, the kids will not try it, or I have no idea what some of the ingredients are!  If you have any kid friendly recipes, send them my way!  My kids are SUPER PICKY eaters!

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment