Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Favorite Things Party!!!!

When I first heard of this, I immediately thought of Oprah Winfrey.  Oh how I would have loved to be in the audience when she did her favorite things shows!

The next best thing is linking up with Erika  to showcase what I am currently loving right now.  I don't know Erika personally but she is friends with Shay so in my book she is awesome!  I love reading her blog!



For the favorite things party, you pick one or two things you are loving right now under $10.  I had such a hard time picking two but decided to showcase these two:


cost: $6.98 at Wal Mart

Coconut oil is all the rage right now.  I have used in many different ways since purchasing this jar last year- yes, last year.  I use it on Caylee's super curly hair as a conditioner.  I use it as eye make up remover.  I have used it as shaving cream (more on that in a minute) and most recently as a body lotion.  I must admit it felt weird slathering it on after a bath.  I felt like a greased watermelon but the next morning, my skin did feel softer than normal.  I don't know that I will continue using it as a body lotion- maybe occasionally.  My favorite use for it is to remove eye makeup.  It completely removes all of my makeup- even liquid eyeliner and waterproof mascara. 


cost: $2.89 at Target 
*This is on sale this week at Target- buy 3 at $2.89 and get one free!

If there has been a shaving cream on the market, I have tried it.  I have dark hair so the hair on my legs is dark (sorry for TMI); therefore, in the summer, I have to shave everyday.  I hate it.  My mother in law told me to try the Aveeno shaving cream because it claimed to give you such a good shave you can skip a day.  I tried the Aveeno but then when I saw the Target version, I thought I would try it.  I have used this stuff for about a year and I love it.  I can go a day between shaving even in the summertime, which is huge!    I do, at times, use baby oil or coconut oil if my legs or dry or if I just feel like using something else.  

I am finding that in some cases, you get what you pay for but overall, I am pleased with the Up and Up products at Target.  The only Up and Up product I do not like at Target is the body wash.  I cannot get it to lather.  

Thanks for stopping by!  I am going to go read all the other posts for the favorite things then probably go buy EVERYTHING!

Please take a minute to pray for our neighbors in Arkansas, Alabama, and other areas affected by these storms.  CRAZY!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the coconut oil and I will have to try the Target shaving lotion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Lyndsey! Good luck with the shaving lotion! As I said, I've tried everything and hate spending money on a product that just doesn't do it for me. I hope you like it as much as I do! Try the coconut oil to shave with too- just be ready to clean the tub afterward! It is slippery! HAHA!

      Delete
  2. I love coconut oil! I use it under my eyes at night, as well as for my hair and as a makeup remover. I'm getting ready to start using it for oil pulling- have you ever tried that? I love the EOS shaving cream! Target is my favorite store, so I may have to pick some of this up too!
    Melissa
    Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Our Wonderland

    ReplyDelete