Wednesday, June 24, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

It's Hump Day!

I am linking up with Mel and Shay!

I haven't done this in a while!  Here we go!


1. What we're eating this week.....

We grilled chicken last night and I tossed some veggies in the oven to roast and called it dinner!  I also made Mix and Match Mama's Tortellini Pasta Salad for me for lunch this week.  I am definitely making this at the beach!

2.  What I'm reminiscing about....

Our cruise and how well I slept at night.  BEST. SLEEP. EVER.

3.  What I'm loving....

The fact that I haven't worn makeup since Sunday. My face needs a break!

4.  What I've been up to....

I spent eight hours in the heat on Monday working in our yard.  Geez.  I told my neighbor I'd like to strike a match to it and start over- but then I couldn't start over until I served my jail time!  Because I worked in the heat, my body was in shut down mode yesterday- I wasn't very productive and just felt like a blob yesterday.

5.  What I'm dreading....

School starting in 39 days.  It seems like our summer gets shorter and shorter.

6.  What I'm working on....

Training Elmer.  We are attending an obedience class at PetSmart.  He is doing better, according to the instructor.  He still runs past the fence and will bark at the fence when he is ready to come home.  Oi.
This pic was taken after Chad took him on a four mile trail run.  He didn't move the rest of the day!


7.  What I am excited about.....

We are headed to Emerald Isle in two weeks with the whole fam.  Twenty three people to be exact.  Nine of those are children.  We did this trip back in 2011 and it was a blast.  There is nothing better than a post run cup of coffee on the porch overlooking the ocean!


8.  What I'm watching/reading...

The TV is rarely on at our house but I did watch my beloved Red Sox LIVE last week!  I have a blog post on that soon!



I also just finished Chris Harrison's book.  I actually liked it.  I used to watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette but I lost interest.  The storyline was somewhat predictable but it was a good book.


9.  What I'm listening to....

I almost ALWAYS have the radio on while I am at home.  Mostly it is listening to the Big 98 on iHeart Radio.  There are times though that I am in the mood for Pandora or Spotify.  Yesterday, I listened to the Alabama Live from the Ryman and it was AWESOME.

10.  What I'm wearing...

T shirts, Nike running shorts, and Chacos. I never get dressed up anymore.  I don't have a reason to.  Actually, that isn't true.  We went to church for the first time in forever (due to baseball) and Caylee actually told me I looked pretty in "real clothes".  God Bless that child!

11. What I'm doing this weekend....

I am trading Carson for four girls!  Carson is headed to his first sleepover (what is it with boys?  Sleepovers aren't their thing, maybe?) and four girls are spending the night at our house.  Caylee wanted friends to spend the night with her for her birthday but we are celebrating early because this is the night everyone will be in town.  I am looking forward to it but after they leave on Saturday morning, I may crash! ;)

12.  What I'm looking forward to next month....

Caylee's 8th birthday, our beach trip, Fun Fest activities,  some day trips with the kids, and MAYBE even a trip to Nashville.

13.  What else is new....

I found out last week that my BFF is moving to North Carolina.  I am so happy for them but so sad at the same time.  Her husband is a pastor and has taken a job with a church in Western NC.  Granted, it is only a two hour drive from here but I am still sad.  I hope to soak up as much time with her as possible!  Also, we learned that Caylee's friend is also moving across the globe for a year.  Her mom has taken a missionary teaching job in Saipian (somewhere between Japan and Australia).  Caylee was so upset when I told her.  She and I will experience friends moving at the same time.  Misery loves company.  I am excited for both families though.

14.  What we are doing for the 4th of July....

We don't have plans yet but I would guess we will go to our town's parade then swim and grill out.  We usually go to Peachtree City, GA to spend the 4th with our Georgia Hamptons but since we leave for the beach the next day and will spend the week with them, we aren't making the trip.

Sorry for the lack of pictures.  I guess things have been boring around these parts!

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE me some Red Sox!!!! I need to read Chris Harrison's book so I'm glad to hear you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete