Thursday, June 25, 2015

Cruise: A Day at Sea (Day 2) and Freeport, Bahamas (Day 3)

I don't think I mentioned what boat we were on.  It was the Carnival Fantasy.   The Fantasy is the oldest ship in the fleet and probably the smallest.  I didn't necessarily mind that it was the smallest or the oldest but one can definitely see signs of aging and the need to renovate.   I think it is getting a facelift later this year.





As I mentioned before, the pool was joke.  Here is a pic that I found online, which makes it look bigger than it actually was.  Maybe it was bigger than I realized but it was so crowded all the time.  I think my kids spent MAYBE 30 minutes in it the entire week.
via
Our second day of our cruise was a day at sea.  One of my favorite things about cruising was that the only decision I had to make for the day was what bathing suit to put on.  And, by the way, I totally wore two piece bathing suits the whole week!!!!!  Granted, my body doesn't look the way I want it to look but I wasn't the worst looking one on the boat either!

We had breakfast on the Lido deck every morning except the morning we were in Nassau.  The biggest disappointment was the waffles- they were nasty soggy!  I like crispy waffles.  I mostly ate eggs, fruit, and oatmeal for breakfast.  I was worried about what Caylee would eat on this trip but I have to say, she did great.  In fact, I wanted to bring our server home with us.  He got the kids to try foods I NEVER could.  She was most happy about the cinnamon rolls on the Lido deck and the fact that there was no icing on them.  She loves cinnamon rolls sans icing!
After breakfast we headed up to the deck where the water slides were.  Again, this is where we spent 90% of our days.  This was my view for days.  I bet the kids went down the slides hundreds of times!





Don't you love Caylee's coverup???  One of our sweet dance friends made it for her.  I got the coverup at Wal Mart and her friend has a monogram machine.

Carson's blue eyes make my heart melt.


Since we were at sea all day, the boat did have different activities going on but we just hung out on the deck.  That night was the formal night.  I use the term "formal" very loosely.  I had no idea what to pack for this night but I hit the nail on the head and everyone was dressed appropriately.  Actually, Carson's pants were about two inches too short.  That is what I get for not having them try them on in the dressing room.  OOPS.  My mom got better pictures of us.  I need to get her camera card.
Pre dinner all girl selfie.  I had a good hair night that night.

My parents.

Carson and Caylee at dinner

Even though it was formal night, it is still socially acceptable to wave your napkin in the air like you just don't care- everyone was doing it!


After dinner selfie




After dinner, we went to the Motown Show.  Oh my... this show was FANTASTIC.  It was very similar to ShowTime.  Lots of singing and dancing- right up my alley since I am a former dancer.  After the show, the dancers moved the party out to the staircase area of the ship and we danced around the bar to music from the 60s and 70s.  I think I was the only thirty-something lady there that knew the words to some of the songs!
The guy in the black is Jacques, our cruise director.  Every morning, he would come on the speakers and give us the 411 of the day.  It reminded me of the Love Boat TV show!

Somehow, our dancing ended up ON the bar.  This was one of the performers.

After the party died down, the performers stayed and hung out with us so we had to #takeaselfie  #CarnivalEntertainmentFun


This girl can SING.  We talked to her for a while about the audition process and Caylee told her she was a dancer too.  She encouraged her to stick with it!


Mom and Dad went to the "adults only" comedy show after the party but the kids and I called it a night.  They had played all day in the sun and was tired so we went back to the room.  I was able to read before drifting off into the best sleep ever!  

The next morning, we woke up in Freeport.  Let me say up front that I wasn't a fan of Freeport.  It was a basically a manufacturing port- at least what we saw of it.  Looking back, I wish we'd taken a taxi to a beach and spent the day on a beach there.  Our dinner table mates did that and they enjoyed it.  We got off the boat in Freeport and shopped the market/tourist trap there and got right back on the boat.  We were back on the boat by 10:30- which turned out to be ok because we had the boat to ourselves.  If I heard one Bahamian lady ask if she could braid Caylee's hair, I heard it five hundred times.  


We ate dinner again in the dining room then ending up doing a night swim (I think that was that night).   The next morning, we would wake up in Nassau.....


No comments:

Post a Comment