Wednesday, February 24, 2016

February's What's Up Wednesday


I'm linking up with Shay and Mel!




1. What we're eating this week.....
Monday: We ate at Chick Fil A for Spirit Night, a fundraiser for our school.  No cooking for me!
Tuesday: I made homeade spaghetti sauce (found here) so we had spaghetti, salad, and bread
Wednesday: Tonight, I am making Shay's Chicken Tacos with a side of guacamole.  I am fairly confident my last meal will be queso and guac!
Thursday: Thursdays are crazy for us.  Pal Barger will be providing dinner for the McMurray family! For those of you unfamiliar with Pal's- think In and Out Burgers- though I've never had In and Out but I think it is probably similar. 

Friday: Weight Watchers Potato Soup.  This is so easy.  Get a bag of frozen hash brown potatoes, southern style, 5 cans of chicken broth, and two packets of chicken gravy.  Throw it all in a pot and cook it.  Dinner is done.
Saturday: Barbaritos!
Sunday:  French Dip Subs

One of my goals during Lent was to try one new recipe a week.  Last week, I made No Bake Energy Bites (Holy moly, these are so good!) and crock pot mashed potatoes and this week was the spaghetti sauce and chicken tacos.

2.  What I'm reminiscing about....
I love TimeHop.  Today, I was reminded that I was at Opryland Hotel at a special education conference.  This is one aspect of working that I miss.  


3.  What I'm loving....
My Yeti cup that my Valentine bought for me!  He came through and got me the bigger one.  Now I have one for coffee and one for cold drinks!

4.  What I've been up to....
I am {very} slowly working on cleaning and organizing our basement.  Holy cow.  I am convinced the more space you have to store stuff, the more you keep.  I worked down there last weekend and made some progress.

5.  What I'm dreading....
It's not that I am DREADING baseball season, but I am a little apprehensive about our weekends being spoken for.  I got an email as I was typing the blog post of the finalized tournament schedule.   I  hope that Carson gets to show what he has learned in his private lessons in a game situation.  I also hope that we can keep parent drama away (long story there) and everyone can keep the focus that it is just a game. 

6.  What I'm working on....
Basement Purge of 2016!  See above

7.  What I am excited about......
Well, I thought I could get excited about the possibility of Chad and I flying to California for a super quick trip in May.....  BUT... it isn't going to happen.  He is up for some kind of award for a bridge he designed/built/whatever.  If he and his team wins, the award ceremony is in California.... the same day as Carson's fifth grade promotion.  WOMP WOMP WOMP. 

8.  What I am watching/reading....
I just finished The Beach Club.
I am looking forward to watching Fuller House this Friday!  


9.  What I'm listening to....
This....  So, so, so amazingly awesome.  He sang this at Farm Tour and to be honest, my brain was on Luke that I let this gem slip by me.  




10.  What I'm wearing...
Workout clothes.  I went to the gym this morning for the first time in forever.  Go Me!


11. What I'm doing this weekend....
Working in the basement.  We really don't have any other plans and I am ok with that!

12.  What I'm looking forward to next month....
Even though I do have apprehensions about baseball, I am looking forward to seeing Carson doing what he enjoys doing. 

13.  What else is new....
Chad and I made the decision to join a church this weekend.  There is a long story behind how we got where we are but we left our church last year and had been looking for a place that suited all of our needs and we found it.  


14. What is a favorite Easter tradition.....
My favorite Easter tradition is watching the kids hunt Easter eggs at my parent's house.  My dad hides money in the plastic eggs.  I am talking cold, hard cash too!  He never did this for me growing up!  


No comments:

Post a Comment