Friday, October 23, 2015

October Update

Greetings!  I was doing to do a post on things I am loving right now, but I think I am going to hold off for Five on Friday- it is really good, or at least I think it is!

I thought I would attempt to do an entire update in one post of the month of October.

First up, let's update on the husband.....

I had mentioned in a previous post that some changes may be coming our way.  Before I go any further, it isn't a separation or divorce.  There was a time that we thought Chad was going to be relocated to Washington, DC for a period of a couple of years.  We knew that two years wasn't long enough to move up there and sell our house here so the plan was that he would work up there during the week and come home on weekends then the kids and I would go up there as our schedules allowed.  Well, I am happy to report that they didn't get the contract and he isn't going anywhere- for now.  I hate that they didn't get the work; it would have been a great job for Chad, but I am glad we may not have to do a long distance marriage thing right now.  Don't get me wrong, there are some days I feel like we have a long distance marriage and he is in town!  If you could, keep Chad and his job situation in your prayers.  We love the company he works for but he has basically finished all of his contracts locally and will have to work in other areas.

Next up, what is going on with me?

Nothing.
Zilch.
Zip.
Nada.
With a little bit of Luke Bryan thrown in.

I spend my days in my jeep going here and there.  I get up, drink my coffee, get the kids off to school, run, come home do laundry, clean house, try to keep up with Elmer, cook, pick up kids, run them to activities, help with homework, shower, shave, and go to bed.  Wash. rinse. repeat.

Actually, that isn't entirely true.  I spent a night with this Georgia hottie:




And yes, I was close to him.  Bless his heart though.  He was SO SICK the night of the concert.  He came out and sang Kick the Dust Up and I knew something was off.  He made the band stop after the song and said he had two things to tell us: (1) that he wasn't going to reschedule the damn show again and (2) he woke up that morning with sinus sh*t but he would still rock it out.  Well, he did, but it was noticeable that he wasn't giving it 110%.  His band and the crowd had to sing for him.  He is still great and still my favorite!

A couple of pics of the opening acts and the venue:

This is the reason the concert was postponed.  Still lots of mud!


Chancie Neal

DJ Rock.  I sent him a tweet asking if he would make me a playlist for my half marathon.  He is AWESOME.

Chris Janson.  He sings Buy Me A Boat

Chris Janson put on a show.  He can play the harmonica like mad.  He was very feisty on stage.  My guess is he will be a headliner soon.  He just needs to eat some cheeseburgers and lift some weights.  He is SO SKINNY- like anorexic skinny!

Hi Rhett Akins AKA: Thomas Rhett's daddy!

Ben Haslip

Dallas Davidson

As for Caylee, she is getting ready for the Nutcracker.  She has been a trooper during Carson's fall baseball season.  This girl is growing up on the ball field!
She went through a phase of wanting to wear this crown ALL. THE.TIME.  Ate with it. slept with it on.  We let her.

Cheering on our Indians and our field crew kids in the rain in Maryville, TN!


These cat ears.  Her BFF got some from the dollar bin at Target and Caylee wanted some too.  They wore them to the DB games and got lots of compliments!

She made a sign for her favorite Senior Spirit Shaker!

Her love language is Auntie Anne's cinnamon sugar pretzels.

Since we spent so much time on the ball field, Caylee learned a new hobby to pass the time- cross stitching!  She is pretty good!
Caylee also made straight A's on her report card.  I am so proud of her.  Third grade is no joke.  It is even different now than when Carson was in 3rd grade.  Her teachers are great.  We have been so blessed with great teachers for both kids.
#proudmom

Last, but certainly not least, my boy.  Carson has been quite a busy and social kid.  He played fall baseball and is doing his field crew gig all while going to school.  Chad and I are trying to teach him that this is the life of a student athlete.  He had an excellent report card as well.  All A's and B's. Fifth grade is no joke either.  Holy batman- the rigorous curriculum!   He was bummed about the Bs, which I wish he wouldn't be but at the same time, glad he is.  I told him given the schedule he has kept the last nine weeks, he should be so proud.

He got to spend some time on the mound this fall.  Still has a way to go but getting better!

That's Carson in the orange shirt.  The ball boys wear orange shirts so the refs can see them.  He must stay side by side with the sideline referee.  The guy in maroon is the head student manager and the guy who trained Carson.  He is a sophomore, I think,  Great kid!

Well, that is it for now!  Thanks for hanging in with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment