Friday, September 21, 2012

Timelines: Blast from the past

This week, Carson (and his parents) had to complete our first family project for school.  We were asked to make a timeline of Carson's life.  A focus in the second grade curriculum is learning to read and make timelines AND a focus on Tennessee history.  As a class, they will make a timeline of important events in Tennessee history.  When I read all of this, I posed the idea of focusing Carson's timeline on the events associated with Tennessee (places visit, University of Tennessee, etc) as well as incorporating special events of his life.  We had to include pictures so I spent the better part of a day reminiscing and sorting through pictures.  I must say thank God for facebook and this blog.  I didn't do a baby book for him or for Caylee.  Facebook (and now instagram) are the easiest places to post pictures.  The blog is a close second best place.  I like that the pictures are dated on these sites.  I also like that my MacBook stamps the date as well.  All of those things SAVED the day for this project.

While I was going through the pictures, I was reminded of how much he and Caylee's infancy were a blur.  I was working and missed out on a lot.  There was a split second that I thought I'd like to have another child but the thought quickly left me.  I like having my kids at the ages they are now.  It isn't getting easier but it is nice that they are not totally dependent on me (and that they sleep through the night!).

Here are some of the pictures we included on the timeline:

This was the day after Caylee was born.  Gosh, how can my kids be 5 and 7?
 Carson's first trip to the beach circa 2006.
 First Tennessee Game circa 2007 (I think)
 First water boy game.  Poor kid couldn't even unscrew the lids.  He would hand them to the thirsty players to open then he'd fill the bottles up and give them back to the players!

Carson when he left the NICU.  This makes me cry.  I miss having a baby (sometimes).

No comments:

Post a Comment