Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Day Has Come

The day has come that my child is a faster runner than me.  I knew it would happen, I just wasn't expecting it this quick.

I really haven't ran consistently since my half marathon back in April (injury, family emergencies, life). I want to get back into it so I thought the Eastman 3K would be a good start.  I absolutely do not like the 10K race (course is terrible, the shirts are terrible).  I dislike everything about it (except the race directors and the expo) so I knew I didn't want to do it but Carson said he would do the 3K.  We haven't let him run a race by himself yet (due to safety) but I should have let him today since he had plenty of crowd support.  I honestly think I held him back.  He stayed with me the first half then just as soon as we made the turn to come back, he took off and I never saw him again until I finished. I am proud of him though.  I don't know if he will be a runner like his dad, but we sure are happy this is something we all can do together (well, Carson WAY in front of me!)

Waving to Dad at the start!

See the kid in the white hat and turquoise shirt?  Yep, he beat me!  He also beat this kid in the yellow shirt that looked older than him!!  ;o)

443 CARSON MCMURRAY          1349   7 M   KINGSPORT       TN   21:10 11:22 
495 TINA MCMURRAY            1348  34 F   KINGSPORT       TN   22:16 11:57 

Before I was beaten by a SEVEN year old.

Stretching out the legs prior to the start

Start line!

Post Race Celebration

Love my boy even if he beat me!

No comments:

Post a Comment