Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Boys of Fall

I love me some Kenny Chesney!  When the song The Boys of Fall came out, it was quickly added to the iPod playlist.  It rings so true about high school football in our area!

I've mentioned this before on my other blog, but we live close to our hometowns.  Chad grew up about 5 miles away from our home and I grew up forty five minutes away in a neighboring county.  The town we live in is full of cross town rivals.  The school that we "support" (more on this in a minute) is the school that everyone loves to hate.  In fact, when I was in high school, we had a "burn the teepee" bonfire party.  The Falcons didn't like the Indians.  Neither did Chad's cougars for that matter!
No Maroon and Gray on us!
My favorite waterboy and me!  One day, he said he want to be on the "field crew" for D-B- that's the fancy name for waterboy!


Fast forward seventeen years and here we are supporting the Indians.  The kids attend a school that will feed into Dobyns-Bennett and Carson is the water boy for D-B's freshman football team.  He does love the Indians!  His parents, on the other hand, is still adjusting to saying "Roll Tribe Roll."  Chad still hasn't said it!  He told Carson that if he played football for D-B, he'd wear maroon and gray to all the games but not before!  haha!

Last night was D-B's first game and of course, the Macs attended (without ponchos, might I add. We left at halftime).  We wanted to see the kids' babysitter dance with the dance team and watch the band.  We did that but didn't get the picture of Madison and the kids we'd hoped for.  The kids proudly wore their D-B shirts and I even wore gray and black.  I do have some D-B shirts given to me by my MIL (a former teacher there) but can't bring myself to wear them, yet!  I will be spending most Thursday nights in the stands while Carson fulfills his waterboy duties (for the third consecutive year!).  I will also be prepared and will leave a bag of weather related gear in the car!

It's a great way to spend a Friday night!

So I guess all that's left to say is:

ROLL TRIBE!



No comments:

Post a Comment