Thursday, August 9, 2012

First Days of School

For the first time in ten years, I walked into school on the first day of school and was just a parent and not parent/employee.  It was a surreal feeling but a good one.  It is going to take me a while to get used to a quiet house and the fact that my children are growing right before my eyes.  The worries I had with Carson are the same with Caylee.  Will she know her lunch number?  Will everyone love her just as they love their own?  Will she make progress?  Will she make friends?

First up, the second grader in the house.  He is an old pro now at going to school.  He got in the car on Monday and said, "this was the best first day ever!".

 I gave Carson the task of helping Caylee learn her lunch number.  Within five minutes, she had mastered the task.  She even rattled it off to me this morning.  I am so proud of Carson for his help!
 Today was the first day for Caylee due to staggered enrollment.  We didn't have to buy her a backpack because Mrs. Krantz makes canvas bags for them.  They are easier to tote around than backpacks.  She is super excited about her lunch box though!



Her hair looks red in this picture.  Maybe becuase it is wet?

The house is really quiet this morning.  I think I'll go turn on cartoons to drown in my sorrow!  ;o)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Tina, you are going to so enjoy being the stay home Mom!! Nothing is more rewarding. You will always be there when they are sick, when they need a "room parent"!! I hope you love it as much as I did!!!! Wishing the kids a wonderful school year, they are precious!!

    ReplyDelete