Friday, July 13, 2012

The 4th of July on the 13th



Happy Friday the 13th!

So something has gone down this week that hasn't happened since one week before I had Caylee- I have had the house to MYSELF. Translation: kids are gone and the hubs is gone. WOOHOO!!!!

I love my family dearly but I have probably enjoyed the solitude a little too much. I went to Target (twice), had lunch with my former supervisor, did a massive clean out of my bathroom cabinets, laundry, took a bath, and slept like a friggin' log. I wonder if I could get another 24 hours alone? ;o)

I want to rewind and blog about our 4th celebrations. We didn't go to Peachtree City like we usually do. Chad couldn't get the time off and Uncle Bill had surgery so we vowed to have a bigger blowout next year. I really missed going to PTC but we made the most of the holiday here at home.

Chad worked all day (getting ready for a presentation) so the kids and I headed out to the parade and met Stacey and some of her family.

I think I said this on my other blog, but I am so thankful that God brought this woman in my life! She and I are so much alike it isn't even funny! I just enjoy going through life with her!

After the parade, the kids and I lunched with Chad at the office then ran to Old Navy then home for naps. Carson, like always, napped (I swear that kid would nap everyday if I let him). Later in the afternoon, we went over to the in-laws for a cookout then to swim. I went into town to run the Red, White, and Boom 4 miler. Alternate title: Hotter than Hell 4 miler. I basically had only run a handful of times since the half but I wanted/needed a gut check to help me get ready for Crazy 8s. My time was horrible, my hip hurt, and it was hot. I walked a lot of it. After that race, I realized that my hip may be a result of my shoes so I am switching back to my trusty Adrenalines.

I did snap a few pictures of the youngins in their festive attire.








No comments:

Post a Comment