Friday, May 9, 2014

Five on Friday: What This Mom Really Wants for Mother's Day



It's FFFFFRRRRRIIIIIIIDDDDAAAAYYYYY!

I am dancing the jig today because this is the first day I have been home all week.  A friend and I were talking yesterday and came to the conclusion that May is much more busy than December.  I love this season of life we are in but it is no secret that I wish I could have some down time.  It is coming though in the form of a trip to the beach at the end of the month.  I just have to get to the end of the month!

For this Five on Friday, I started a list of five gift ideas that I would enjoy for Mother's Day but then remembered that I told Chad not to buy me anything for Mother's Day because we just replaced our patio shade- so that was a gift.  I love sitting outside on my patio but sadly, I have only done it twice since we got the shade.   Plus, we are getting ready to tile our  kitchen backsplash and it is costing a little more than I planned (if we decide to purchase what we picked out). Instead of posting gift ideas, I decided to post what I would REALLY like for Mother's Day.  It will probably not happen because I don't even think Chad knows I still blog!

O-N-E

For my house to be deep cleaned inside and out.  This includes:

  • baseboards scrubbed
  • light fixtures cleaned
  • garage swept and mopped
  • front porch pressure washed and furniture cleaned
  • all weeds pulled and mulch spread
T-W-O
For my kids to get out of this tattle telling stage.  Holy Guacamole!  It is bad right now.  I thought toddlers and preschoolers did that.  We are taking a major step backwards!  It seems like they are constantly at one another's throat.  I know this is part of life but it gets on my last nerve.  I wish they would realize that they are lucky to have a sibling- I don't have a sibling and the older I get, the more I miss that companionship.  

T-H-R-E-E
To be noticed .  Chad, bless his heart, is not Mr. Romantic.  In fact, he is the polar opposite of me.  He rarely talks (heaven forbid he tells me how he feels).  I feel like there are days when we barely say a couple of sentences to one another.  Yesterday, in the middle of a conflict with Caylee, he told me he liked my shorts.  I was flabbergasted and flattered by the compliment- even if the shorts did come from Target.  I appreciate the comment but was honestly caught off guard.  I know my husband loves me.  He shows it daily by working fourteen plus hours so that I don't have to.  


F-O-U-R
To be appreciated.  Moms do a lot.  There is no "time off".  I would love to hear "I appreciate you for making sure my laundry is clean.  I  appreciate you for taking me to baseball.  I appreciate you for ____________."  One of our biggest struggles as a family is mealtime.  I try my best to have a  decent meal on the table most nights.  It seems like all I hear is complaining.  Someone doesn't like this.  I am constantly trying to come up with meals everyone will eat.  I get tired of cooking the same old same old all the time.  It would be nice to be able to fix a meal without conflict.

F-I-V-E
To find some sort of balance.  I am reading Candace Bure's book Balancing It All and it is really hitting home.  I feel out of balance.  I know it is the season that I am in.  I just can't seem to find a balance of housework, child rearing, being a wife, friend, and daughter.  It is my hope that once school is out, I can reevaluate things and reprioritize.

After coming back to this post before hitting publish, I feel like it somewhat comes across as complaining on what is wrong in my life.  That is not my intent.  I think it is just where I am right now and I want this blog to be a journal of my life and be real and truthful.  I am keeping it real and truthful.  I am thankful and eternally grateful for what I do have.  I know there are women out there who would love to be celebrating Mother's Day with their mom or women who would love to become a mother but due to different reasons they can't.  My heart goes out to you.  I pray that you each will find comfort today and everyday.  



1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a happy Mother's Day, and that you can have a minute to sit on the porch!

    ReplyDelete